'18 AZ JUCO TE Dominick Anderson (UT signee)

Bama, Oregon and UT all offered in last 4 days. His film just came out last week, it must be pretty good.

Reactions: 2 people
4_4946787.png

James Mitchell, TE out of VA, would be nice too. Wells has connection with his coach.

Forgot about him. I think we need to take two tigh ends in this class, considering the Brown kid this past year has not played to much and the mid state kid has not played much tight end either.

A JUCO TE would be a good fit since we're losing our upperclassmen at the position.

Or we could just develop a few of the Tight Ends we have on the roster ie. Pope and Brown. Ethan Wolf needs a strong senior year as well. He's had a decent career overall.

“We’re still just getting to know each other right now,” Wood-Anderson told Volquest, adding that he mainly talks to head coach Butch Jones and offensive coordinator/tight ends coach Larry Scott.

“I talk to one of the coaches at least everyday. If not everyday, then every other day. They’re telling me just to continue to grind and they want me there. They like how versatile I am. They don’t want to just play me at inside at tight end, but they want to flex me out wide for mismatches. They love how versatile I am.”

“I’m a big body. I can go up and get the ball,” he said. “I don’t think people realize my speed for my size either. I’m 6-5, 250 but I got good speed on me. Great hands, my catch radius is really big.”

“In high school, I was just another average athlete. I wasn’t getting the attention that I’m getting right now, so I’m just enjoying the process and riding the wave right now,” he said. “It’s too early right now for (any) leaders. I’m going to definitely take my five official visits before I look into committing.”

Asked what he’s looking for most in his eventual school, Wood-Anderson said opportunity. He’s aware that Tennessee graduates a pair of tight ends after this season and has an immediate need. “I’m looking at the tight end situation, and looking for where I can come in and make an immediate impact on the program,” he said. “I want to do my two years and get drafted.” Wood-Anderson will graduate in December and has three years to play two seasons in college.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
I'm very excited about the future of Bumphus, he's an outstanding athlete (He played CF on his High School baseball team) but we could really use some immediate help at TE. We're looking at Eli Wolf (jr), A. Pope (so), L. Bumphus (so), A. Craig (so?), & J. Warren (fr) for next season.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back