'18 GA S/ATH Quindarious Monday

1592510.jpg

Quindarious Monday

4* player, 6'3" 175lbs., S/ATH, high school junior,
.9123 composite score, Carver High School, Atlanta, GA,
Class of 2018

#18th ATH & #232nd ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

UT has offered along with just over 10 other schools to date.

He does have a cool name. Looks like a good prospect. Wonder if we would be recruiting him for WR or DB. He's got good size.

Reactions: 1 person
Could be the brother of Demetrious who plays at Kent St. 2-Time MAC 1st teamer and NFL prospect in 18' draft.

OV or a GA Boy care to verify? Thanks.

on campus for Junior Day...

Just talked to Quindarious Monday from Carver (Ga.). The 4-star safety said the visit "gave him something to think about."

He raved about Butch Jones and Charlton Warren.

Monday said Auburn still leads, but put Tennessee up in his top group along with Florida and Florida State. He'll be back on campus again this spring, including for the Orange & White game.

Full story coming later.

- Jesse Simonton

Reactions: 4 people
Top247 athlete Quindarious Monday of Atlanta said he really enjoyed today's visit. He said Auburn is still on top, with Florida and Florida State right behind the Tigers. But he said he's more interested in Tennessee now, and he plans to visit the Vols again this spring.

-Callahan

The rangy 6-foot-2, 178-pound defensive back from Carver (Ga.) High raved about his interactions with Vols coach Butch Jones, saying, “I loved coach Butch. He wasn’t in his office. He was with us the whole day basically. … He was always interacting. He never stopped interacting with the kids. Usually, when I go to the other visits, some coaches are always in their office, not with the kids. But he was with the kids all day.”

“They gave me a lot to think about. I just can’t count them out,” he said. “They’re a good program. … Auburn leading right now. Florida and Florida State right behind them, but Tennessee is coming up because I really liked them today.”

Monday made the trip because of his relationship with Tennessee’s new defensive backs coach Charlton Warren. They “talk every week,” with Monday adding, “He’s the one that got me down here.”

During his interactions with the staff, defensive coordinator Bob Shoop delivered Monday a strong message of how highly Tennessee thinks of him. According to the speedy safety, Monday said Shoop told him, “I fit in and if I was rated with their DB’s, I would be rated higher than them because of my length, speed and agility.”

Monday plans on returning to Knoxville for a spring practice and hopes to attend Tennessee’s Orange & White Game on April 22, too. “The coaching is just outstanding,” he said. “I was interested in them, but I’m more interested in them now because they showed me all that I needed to see.”

-VQ

Top247 athlete Quindarious Monday of Atlanta’s Carver High School returned to Tennessee over the weekend after attending one of the Vols’ camps last year, and he said they “gave me a lot to think about” during Saturday’s junior day. Auburn remains at the top of his list, with Florida and Florida State “right behind them,” he said. But Tennessee clearly helped itself with Monday — who’s known to many by his nickname, “Smoke” — and he said he’s already hoping to return for one of the Vols' spring practices, along with perhaps their spring game next month.

- 247 (Callahan)

I can think of two ways to get the nickname "Smoke." One is to be slower than smoke off of stuff. The other is more about recreational choices. Maybe there is a third.

The Top247 junior athlete from Atlanta's Carver High School said his visit Saturday for Tennessee’s junior day “gave me a lot to think about,” and he’s now planning “to come back and visit a lot more” after being impressed by the Vols’ coaches.

“They gave me a lot to think about. I just can’t count them out because they’re a good program,” said Monday, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 230 overall prospect and No. 17 athlete in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class. “(I was already) interested in them, but I’m more interested in them now because they showed me all I needed to see, really.”

“I just know Auburn’s leading right now, so far,” he said. “Florida and Florida State are right behind them. But Tennessee is coming up, because I really liked it (Saturday).”

“He was with us the whole day, basically,” Monday said of Jones. “He was telling me he liked me, and (defensive coordinator Bob Shoop), he was saying how I’d fit in — like, if I was rated their DBs, I’d be rated higher than them because of my length and my speed, agility to move left and right and just catch the ball on a dime and just cut up, and hitting, basically. I love to hit. Coach Butch, he stood out. He was always interacting. He never stopped interacting with the kids. When I go on other visits, some coaches are always in their office, not with the kids. But he was with the kids all day, during the whole visit, basically.”

“I like the coaching staff,” he said. “I like how their games will be packed. I love playing in front of a lot of people because I can show my talent, and people are willing to see my talent. That’s what I like about Tennessee. I’m going to come back and visit a lot more. … The coaching is just outstanding. All the coaches are outstanding — even the offensive side.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Says he is not sure when he will commit, but it likely won't be before his season starts. CCW is the reason UT got this visit.

Reactions: 2 people
Committed to AU over Clemson. He is close friends with Fields and Kearis Jackson so this could only help AU with these guys.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back