Ht: 5-10
Wt: 188

Christian Turner, Buford, Running Back
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/11212
Christian Turner, Buford HS RB - Scout
Top Sports Searches - ESPN

Film:

Christian Turner - Hudl

Three-star junior running back Christian Turner of Buford (Ga.) High School posted on his Twitter account Thursday that he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee.

The 5-foot-10, 188-pound Turner holds offers from more than 10 schools, including Miami, Louisville, Missouri, N.C. State, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Turner is ranked the nation's No. 479 overall prospect and No. 28 running back in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people
Line Backer speed? Why not early offer 5* and 4* prospects early in the process, the 3* will be available late into the recruiting period. :ermm:

Last edited:
Line Backer speed? Why not early offer 5* and 4* prospects easy in the process, the 3* will be available late into the recruiting period. :ermm:

These are verbal offers. They mean very little except, "We are pleased with what we see and want to actively recruit you. Keep working hard and improving and we send a written offer." It is the MO under CBJ to issue a verbal to anyone they are remotely interested in. It means very little as many would not be committable anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
These are verbal offers. They mean very little except, "We are pleased with what we see and want to actively recruit you. Keep working hard and improving and we send a written offer." It is the MO under CBJ to issue a verbal to anyone they are remotely interested in. It means very little as many would not be committable anyway.

Our '18 class is currently ranked#23 wonder why. Don't remember the source, looks like we're on a downward trajectory . This can be turned around if we can beat some top ten teams and at least get to the SECCG. The staff upgrades and returning talent are good reasons for optimism. :thumbsup:

Our '18 class is currently ranked#23 wonder why. Don't remember the source, looks like we're on a downward trajectory . This can be turned around if we can beat some top ten teams and at least get to the SECCG. The staff upgrades and returning talent are good reasons for optimism. :thumbsup:

We have only 2 current commitments for the '18 class right now with an average star rating of 94.94. Only two teams above us have a higher average star rating. I am not a big believer in star ratings but you have to look at the class as a whole. It is nearly 365 days until NSD '18 and plenty of time to move up in the rankings. I agree that this coming season could have a huge effect on how our final class ends up. I don't put complete hope in the recruiting sites rankings but they are a decent judge. We finished with the 17th ranked class according to the 247 Composite. Out of over 100 FBS schools we were 17th. We would love to be higher no doubt, but 17 is not terrible. We should strive to be better and hopefully a better season and new coaches on staff will help us get there. Just be patient. The class ranking means very little this time of year.

Reactions: 6 people

Lol, really, we only have 2 commits and they are two of the top 10 in our state.

Lol, really, we only have 2 commits and they are two of the top 10 in our state.

Hell! I didn't do the ranking.:rolleyes: Point is if we keep signing 80% 3* we re gonna be in the middle of the pack in this conference.

Last edited:
Hell! I didn't do the ranking.:rolleyes: Point is if we keep signing 80% 3* we re gonna be in the middle of the pack in this conference.

We are in on many 4 star players in and out of state. Some even have us as their leader. Relax. It's going to be okay. I think we're going to find our new coaching staff combo is very good at recruiting.

No. The point is, it is, for all intents and purposes, an entire year until the '18 class will be finalized. Judging any class this far out from its NSD is an exercise in futility. We currently have an in-state 5* and 4* committed with lots of interest from other highly rated recruits. Getting wound around the axel about recruiting this time of year will give you an ulcer. Just relax. :stop:

We could have 10 three stars and be ranked right now in the top 5 and be worse off than what we have now and our 23 ranking. Why can't you just admit you were wrong ? Either it is ignorance, an agenda, or mental illness.

We could have 10 three stars and be ranked right now in the top 5 and be worse off than what we have now and our 23 ranking. Why can't you just admit you were wrong ? Either it is ignorance, an agenda, or mental illness.

Probably the trifecta you listed...

:)

No. The point is, it is, for all intents and purposes, an entire year until the '18 class will be finalized. Judging any class this far out from its NSD is an exercise in futility. We currently have an in-state 5* and 4* committed with lots of interest from other highly rated recruits. Getting wound around the axel about recruiting this time of year will give you an ulcer. Just relax. :stop:

2018 is off to a much better start than 2017. Need to maintain that level of recruiting talent, and not take commitments from low level 3 stars.

And when I say low level, I'm not talking about Turner. He has a pretty good offer list.

Last edited:

:eek:lol: bless your heart

Vol30 has competition as this years Recruiting Class Alarm Puller...if you ain't first...:thumbsup:

Reactions: 3 people
2018 is off to a much better start than 2017. Need to maintain that level of recruiting talent, and not take commitments from low level 3 stars.

And when I say low level, I'm not talking about Turner. He has a pretty good offer list.

You've slipped...I have the disappointed. :nono:

Your source was probably all those others on the FF that have an agenda similar to yours. We have two commits, so far, a five star and a 4 star, both from in-state. So, which is it? Do you want us to take more marginal recruits early to help our ranking almost a full year out from signing day, or do you want us to keep evaluating guys like Mr. Turner to see how they continue to develop?

You did not do it, but you did not do any other research before you throw out your downward trend horsecrap.

Your source was probably all those others on the FF that have an agenda similar to yours. We have two commits, so far, a five star and a 4 star, both from in-state. So, which is it? Do you want us to take more marginal recruits early to help our ranking almost a full year out from signing day, or do you want us to keep evaluating guys like Mr. Turner to see how they continue to develop?

Bologna must be his source. According to Tony, and the alphabet, we are towards the rear of the pack for most kids. Hence the downward trajectory.

Reactions: 4 people
Bologna must be his source. According to Tony, and the alphabet, we are towards the rear of the pack for most kids. Hence the downward trajectory.

:eek:lol:

He always says, "I am going to stay in my thread only." That last maybe a week and then I see 40 new threads and most he says we are at the bottom of interest.

Reactions: 3 people
You did not do it, but you did not do any other research before you throw out your downward trend horsecrap.

2016 class: Signed 21 /12- 3* 2017: Signed 28/22- 3*.

34 3* in a total of 50 , that was easily researched. :question:

VN Store

Back