'18 GA QB Jarren Williams

31VFL

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
His 24/7 timeline show he committed to UK on 6/19/2016 but didn't get an offer from them until 1/28/2017.

I don't time so well but something seems off.

His 24/7 timeline show he committed to UK on 6/19/2016 but didn't get an offer from them until 1/28/2017.

I don't time so well but something seems off.

Just noticed that as well.

Good offer list. I'm sure he will pick up more. We need to lock down one of these 2018 guys.

"Kentucky commit Jarren Williams plans to be at Tennessee this weekend and he is one to watch.

Yes, the QB is still committed, but he is not 100-percent by any stretch. There are currently two programs that I feel could flip Williams and one is Tennessee. The other is South Carolina.

He is planning to spend Saturday in Knoxville this weekend and he is one to know and to keep your eye on moving forward"

- Chad Simmons, Rivals

Would the staff take a commitment from this Williams kid at QB and be done or would this be like taking the commitment from the Kendall kid a few years ago and continuing to recruit the position?

Williams tripped to Rocky Top for the second time last Saturday, spending Junior Day visiting with coach Butch Jones and meeting new quarterbacks coach Mike Canales for the first time. “It was great,” Williams told Volquest. “I got to sit in coach Jones’ office and talk to him for a good minute. We talked about their plan for me. Coach Canales is a really good coach. “I like talking with him. Coach Jones is a really good coach, too.”

“They want me to get back up for a practice. They let me know how important I am,” he said. “I’m a (top) target. They’re (selling) the opportunity to come play for them at Tennessee — all the benefits and how it could set me up for the future. “They told me they want me to come in and compete. They want me to have that mindset. Come in and compete right away. (I) just got to earn it.”

While Williams has picked up offers from South Carolina, Miami, Mississippi State and Missouri in recent months, he isn’t interested in visiting other schools. Even LSU has been “hard on” him lately, but he remains “solid to Kentucky.”

“I’m solid on my commitment,” he said. “I took that visit up there to Tennessee because I wanted to see what they had to offer. I definitely enjoyed the visit, but there’s nothing planned for any other schools coming up. I don’t have plans to go anywhere next.” Except back to Tennessee.

Williams said he will return to Knoxville soon, catching a spring practice to see “see coach Canales and Butch in action.” “I’ll be back up there to watch a practice,” he said. “I want to go up there and check it out again.”

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
I think the preference is DT, but when the quality drops to a certain level, you take the talented pro-style, and tweak the offense if is good enough to win the job

This ^

Some DTs don't have the tools to be efficient in passing & running. So, why not go for a true passer and adjust the offense.

Sounds like he'll flip if given the green light by our staff.

I know Fields (longshot) is still #1 on our QB board. Who else do we think is ahead of this guy?

The other position garnering the most attention and questions is the quarterback spot. Tennessee's board seems to be growing at there instead of shrinking. The board will change after quarterbacks coach Mike Canales is on the road in the spring watching guys throw. Tennessee clearly had a good visit on Junior Day with Kentucky commitment Jarren Williams. It also appears that Canales and Tennessee like Justin Rogers from Louisiana. LSU seems to picking things up with Rogers as of late.

Again, the quarterback board will truly start to take shape in the next 6-8 weeks as Canales sees guys throw.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 3 people
You think the coaching staff will go after Williams if Martinez decides to stay with California?

You think the coaching staff will go after Williams if Martinez decides to stay with California?

I could see that happening. They will probably know one way or another on Martinez fairly soon. If it drags out more than a week or two without an answer, they probably know he's going to stay out on the coast.

I'd be interested to see where the other Cali QB is on the board.

VN Store

Back