Class: 2018

247 - Trent Gordon, Manvel, Cornerback

RIVALS - https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/177003

SCOUT - Trent Gordon, Manvel HS CB - Scout

HUDL - TRENT GORDON - Hudl

NCSA - Trent Gordon's Football Recruiting Profile

Tennessee offered on 24 Jan 2017

Reactions: 1 person
Powerhouse program in that talent rich Houston area. 3 star in that pool grades out better.

I look more at offers than worrying about stars but Im with alot of people when we take for example 10 3stars with few to no power 5 offers and little to no sec offers

Well, I sure hope Canales can get us into Texas with some of that talent down there. But then again we haven't had much success out of Texas that I recall in recent years. Brandon Stewart, Lennon Creer, and Nick Stephens all didn't pan out here.

Well, I sure hope Canales can get us into Texas with some of that talent down there. But then again we haven't had much success out of Texas that I recall in recent years. Brandon Stewart, Lennon Creer, and Nick Stephens all didn't pan out here.

And Denarious Moore and Ladarrell McNeil did. Texas will never be a feeder state for us like Georgia and Florida but it's worth skimming.

And Denarious Moore and Ladarrell McNeil did. Texas will never be a feeder state for us like Georgia and Florida but it's worth skimming.

Im also down in Texas not to far from you in Corinth.. but doesn't it stink seeing all this talent knowing a very small percent even have interest in us.. its for sure worth the time to at least skim/reach out to these guys on talent/competition alone but its just so hard to get them over Texas, A&M, OU.. shoot even Baylor when Art was still there.. I wish we could get a few more kids from down here but I do love when I see a new prospect from Texas on our boards! GO VOLS

Im also down in Texas not to far from you in Corinth.. but doesn't it stink seeing all this talent knowing a very small percent even have interest in us.. its for sure worth the time to at least skim/reach out to these guys on talent/competition alone but its just so hard to get them over Texas, A&M, OU.. shoot even Baylor when Art was still there.. I wish we could get a few more kids from down here but I do love when I see a new prospect from Texas on our boards! GO VOLS

You left out Texas Tech and TCU. If a good prospect skips that gamet, then LSU and Arkansas are usually in line front of us. Having someone who knows those high school coaches by first name is a small boost tho.

You left out Texas Tech and TCU. If a good prospect skips that gamet, then LSU and Arkansas are usually in line front of us. Having someone who knows those high school coaches by first name is a small boost tho.

tough to get kids out of Texas man.. really tough.. maybe beating A&M could have got us one or two more but I doubt it.

Trent is a part of NPA Tx he reached out to us to help him and came to TN to work out before NPA Tx came about. I'll link some videos from him at our camp a few wks ago. This kid is going to explode in the rankings and on the national scene this summer. Also the Wr from Manvel Jalen Preston is prime time.

Reactions: 2 people
Trent is a part of NPA Tx he reached out to us to help him and came to TN to work out before NPA Tx came about. I'll link some videos from him at our camp a few wks ago. This kid is going to explode in the rankings and on the national scene this summer. Also the Wr from Manvel Jalen Preston is prime time.

LSU offered him as a freshman based on basketball workout film...hadn't played a down of varsity football yet.

LSU offered him as a freshman based on basketball workout film...hadn't played a down of varsity football yet.

and now after that he has 14 Power 5 offers. Today Gordon was offered by Northwestern and Duke

Last edited:

Brandon/Texas A&M, beat Kansas St in Big 12 championship, which helped assure us a place in and win the '98 NCAA trophy...thanks Brandon...:thumbsup:

PS. It was an upset...:)

GO VOLS!

Texas schools aren't doing much with all this local talent...

Texas schools aren't doing much with all this local talent...

TCU and Baylor have been in playoff discussions these last few years. Texas needed a coach and they got a potentially great one. And Oklahoma has done a ton with Texas talent.

TCU and Baylor have been in playoff discussions these last few years. Texas needed a coach and they got a potentially great one. And Oklahoma has done a ton with Texas talent.

I think that a lot of these Texas kids get used up in high school...

https://instagram.com/p/BPVXSDkg616/ here is a clip from our camp in Houston of Trent. Guys his length, long arms, and footwork arm amazing to this point. I'm telling you this is one of the smoothest dbs I have seen in a while as far as pertains to high school players.

“Tennessee hits me up every week. It’s not just one coach. Multiple coaches come into my phone. The whole staff hits me up, basically. I really like them, too. I’m really interested in them.”
247sports

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee

“All the coaches were on spring break, so I only had one coach show me around. He took me around and took his time explaining why I should be a Vol. I was very impressed with Tennessee as well.”
247sports

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back