'18 GA WR/S Jatavious Harris (UT commit 4.23.17)

1614587.jpg

Jatavious Harris

6'3" 184lbs., WR/S, high school junior,
Baldwin High School, Milledgeville, GA,
40 yd dash- 4.43
Bench Press- 205
Squat- 380
Shuttle 4.45
100m- 10.67

Class of 2018

Stats: Jatavious Harris' (Milledgeville, GA) Football Stats

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

Scout

NCSA

UT offered on 12-15-16.

Last edited:
"South Carolina is No. 1 for me and it is really because of the great communication with the coaches," said Harris. "I have not visited there yet, but we are always in contact, they seem like they care about me and it has been great.

"I talk to coach [Bryan] McClendon (wide receivers) every week and he talks to me about stuff off the field, how I can get better on the field and I have a great bond with him already. I do not have a date set to visit them yet, but I plan to get up there soon."

After the Gamecocks, it is two other schools that Will Muschamp's team suits up and plays every year. Florida and Tennessee are the schools that round out his top three. "Both schools send me a lot of mail, their coaches show me a lot of attention and both of them are top schools.

"Tennessee's coach Butch Jones sends me a text message every morning and that means a lot to me. He talks about me attacking the day, to keep working hard and he makes me feel important.

"Florida is a school who knows how to win and coach [Kerry] Dixon (wide receivers) is recruiting me for them. I like how they play and it is a school I want to get down to visit."

-Rivals

Harris is planning to attend the UT spring game April 22.

Top 8 in no particular order: UT, South Carolina, UF, West Virginia, Miami, Pitt, Minnesota, & Louisville.

“South Carolina,” he told Volquest. “They’re on top.” But can Tennessee change that here soon? The explosive receiver has never visited Knoxville, but the Vols made his final group because of his attraction to the school and his budding relationship with coach Butch Jones and Kevin Beard. Harris will be in town for the first time next weekend, attending the Orange & White Game.

“They’re one of my favorites. I really have a good bond with coach Butch Jones,” Harris said. “We stay in contact everyday. When I take my visit, it’s going to help me decide on a lot. It will help me narrow some of my decisions down and see where I really stand with them. If I really like it or not. I’m pretty sure I will like it, but I just want to see.”

A dynamic athlete for Baldwin, Harris was a Swiss Army-Knife as a junior, returning kicks and punts and also starring as a receiver and instinctive defensive back. The 3-star prospect wants to play wideout in college, and at 6-foot-3, 185 pounds, Harris fits the mold of what Beard is hoping to pair with guys like Alontae Taylor and Camron Johnson in Tennessee’s 2018 class.

“We’ve been texting. I’ve talked to him a couple times on the phone actually. We text a lot,” Harris said about Beard. “He likes (my game). I got great speed. I can stretch the field. I have great hands. Size. I’m very athletic with it all.”

"I really don’t know too much, I’m hoping to learn more though,” Harris said. “I like the vibe I’ve gotten with them. I talk with coach Butch Jones everyday. Like he text me every day. Sends me a quote every morning then different stuff (later). It’s good.”

-VQ

Harris hopes to make a decision this summer and will be an EE.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see that he committed anywhere. Not doubted just can't find it.

If so, BOOM!

Taylor, Harris, and McClay are three talented, explosive receivers in this class.

Is there still room for the Alcoa kid, Kellog?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back