Cornerback
Height: 6-4
Weight: 185

Rayshad Williams, Whitehaven, Cornerback

Film:

Regular season 🤘🏾DB - Rayshad Williams highlights - Hudl

UT offered Williams in November.

Reactions: 1 person
williams, who’s also drawing early interest from alabama, arkansas, clemson, memphis, wake forest and uab, among others, said he’s already planning to visit tennessee for the first time as early as next month.

“i had no idea (the offer was coming). I was in shock,” said williams, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of tennessee in the 2018 class. “that was my first school. To be sec, especially tennessee, i wasn’t expecting it at all.”

“he said he watched my film. He said that’s what caught his attention,” williams said. “he really liked my film. Coming down, making tackles and covering with my height, he said i could be another richard sherman — something like that. I’m supposed to go up there in january for a visit. The night he offered me, he was like, ‘we’re going to try to get you up on a visit in january sometime, whenever you’re free.’”

“they are my first offer,” he said. “people have been telling me i need to go and commit and all this, and i’m like, ‘no, i want to wait ’til my recruitment opens.’ it just depends on how my recruitment process goes and all the schools that come to me and offer me. But, definitely, tennessee is a big look as of right now because they were my first. I’ve been following butch jones and a lot of them. I really like them. They get a lot of top recruits, like the number-one player in the country,”

“i have an auntie. Her name is michelle,” williams said. “as soon as i got (the offer), she called me and was like, ‘you’ve got to go up there. You might as well commit, do this, do that.’ she said she’s got friends up there. She used to live in knoxville, and she moved to memphis with family. She told me about the college and how the games are packed out. She was just telling me everything about it. She said i would really like it.

“i definitely want to wait until either before my senior season — like, summertime-isn — or probably middle of my senior season,” he said.

Reactions: 4 people
thanks LV...sure would be nice if Butch could put a fence around Memphis...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT HUSKERS!

RAYSHAD WILLIAMS

Cornerback

6-4, 180 pounds

Whitehaven High School, Memphis, Tenn.

247Sports Composite rating: Three stars (0.8333)

Williams, who has yet to be rated by 247Sports, landed his first offer from Tennessee nearly three months ago and has added offers from Ole Miss and Memphis within the past month. He also has drawn interest from Alabama, which hosted him for its home game against Auburn in late November. He’s hoping to visit Tennessee by this spring.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people
Junior Day update...

DB Rayshad Williams said Tennessee exceeded his expectations after spending the day with Coach Warren at junior. Williams will next see Vanderbilt but said Tennessee was one of his top schools and he hopes to get back to Knoxville for spring practice and camp this summer.

-Hubbs

The Vols made a good first impression on three-star cornerback Rayshad Williams of Whitehaven High School in Memphis, Tenn., who visited UT for the first time after getting his first offer from Tennessee in November. The Vols and Virginia Tech currently are among the teams standing out to him, although the list of schools pursuing him still is growing.

- 247 (Callahan)

“It was a really good experience,” Williams said. “What jumped out was the facilities and how the coaches treat the players. It exceeded my expectations in pretty much every way. “I talked to coach Warren the most. It was good to talk to him. We had a real good feel with each other. I also talked to coach Shoop and coach Jones.”

Assistant coach Walt Wells has been talking to Williams the most, but the three star prospect has speaking some with secondary coach Charlton Warren and was happy he got to spend extensive time with him on Saturday. “He's a good guy. I like his style of coaching,” Williams said. “Like I said we had a good feel with each other.”

Williams will see Vanderbilt next as he's scheduled to be in Nashville on March 25th. But he expects to be back on Rocky Top in the next month. “I'm coming back sometime after March 21st in the spring to see a practice,” Williams said. “And I think I will come back in the summer as well.”

Since the Tennessee offer, Williams' stock has been climbing with offers from Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Virginia Tech. After seeing the Vols on Saturday, Williams indicated the Vols would be in the hunt till the end. “Seeing it in person, everything really surprised me,” Williams offered. “Tennessee is definitely one of my top schools that I will consider.”

-VQ

Per Hubbs

Whitehaven DB Rayshad Williams is feeling two schools heading into the summer: Tennessee and Virginia Tech. Arkansas is pushing, but Williams and his dad loved their first-ever visit to UT. The Vols are still assessing whether he’s a corner or safety. The kid is a legit 6-foot-3, though. He's solely focusing on football now, but Williams had basketball offers from schools like Wichita State, West Virginia and Memphis. Charlton Warren will be by Williams’ school early next week.

Reactions: 2 people
Vandy is trending with Jaylon King, too. This rise in big time recruits in the state of Tennessee, seems to be helping Vandy, too. Vandy is having a really good year in recruiting. I know it's early, but good for them. I don't have as much hate for Vandy as some UT fans, except when UT loses to them. I hope they continue to get our leftovers in the state. After, we get our revenge next year, I will be even happier with their in-state haul

Vandy is trending with Jaylon King, too. This rise in big time recruits in the state of Tennessee, seems to be helping Vandy, too. Vandy is having a really good year in recruiting. I know it's early, but good for them. I don't have as much hate for Vandy as some UT fans, except when UT loses to them. I hope they continue to get our leftovers in the state. After, we get our revenge next year, I will be even happier with their in-state haul

giphy.gif

Reactions: 11 people

Heck no. I used to have this mindset until they've beaten us 3 of the last 5 years. They can be the doormat of the SEC forever.

However, them being good would strengthen and make it more of a rivalry however I don't care much about that

Vandy is to us what Ky is to Ohio St.

Exactly, like 4 losses in 35 years and I always feel sorry for them, in football. Now, I hate them in every other sport, but I always root for them in football. Of course, not when they play UT and I hated James Franklin

VN Store

Back