volgolf18

Ollie Lane, Offensive tackle
Gibbs Corryton, TN

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 270 lbs
Class: 2018

Rivals:Rivals.com

HUDL: Ollie Lane - Hudl

Haven't heard much on this OL. He plays at Gibbs, which was my high school, and I know they don't play the strongest competition. He received an offer from Vanderbilt and Missouri this week.

May be someone to watch and see if he continues to grow and develop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person
"Offensive line coach Don Mahoney was in Knoxville on Wednesday and made a trip to Gibbs High School to check in on 2018 offensive lineman Ollie Lane. Tennessee has not offered Lane, who does have offers from Vanderbilt, Missouri and Wisconsin. "

- Hubbs

1609706.jpg

Oliver Lane
HS: Gibbs HS
Position: OG
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 280
Hometown: Corryton, TN

Oliver Lane, Gibbs HS OG - Scout

(No Rivals or 247 profiles at this point)

UT has not offered to date. His current offers include Wisconsin, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Georgia.

Wisconsin offers Gibbs OL/DL Oliver Lane

Apparently, Lane is a great kid. From Brice at 247 this morning:

We'll bring you more soon on Gibbs High School standout Oliver Lane, the 2018 defensive end/offensive tackle whose recruiting is starting to soar.

However, we want to share this note passed along to us this week. Turns out, Lane immediately sends a handwritten thank-you note upon receipt of each offer, which right now includes Wisconsin, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Georgia (as an athletic center-type on offense).

So a coordinator from one of those schools to offer says he can't recall a kid sending a handwritten note of thanks for an offer, and details the story of receiving Lane's letter and parading around the school's football offices, starting with the head coach, and insisting "these are the types of kids we need and will win with."

Kudos to Lane for having better immediate manners than, well, most of his peers and plenty of adults (including myself).

Reactions: 8 people
Consider yourself, at home!
Consider yourself, part of the family!
We've taken to you, so strong!
It's clear, we're, going to get along!!

Go get him Wisconsin put's alot of OL in the NFL THEY HAVE eye for talent on the OL.:rock:They will put 30 to 40 pound's on his 6-6 frame and have a 6-6 320 pound OL.:clapping:

Be sitting in the cafeteria like "please sir. May I have some more?"

Gibbs alum here. Talked to his parents a few weeks ago. Offer from wisconsin is ironically for D-line. They would like him to stay closer to home but he really likes Wisconsin. Assuming UT offer would really change things for him, but i dont know him personally, just his parents. Comes from a great family and an athletic bunch as his brother plays D-Line at A-Peay.

Could UT get all their O-line this year from in state?

Mays, Illyama, Lane, and I know there are some other prospects as well.

VN Store

Back