'18 TN TE Jacob Warren (UT Commit 5/24/17)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
daalg479csrr8jg6gvad

Tight end
Farragut
Knoxville, TN
RR:
Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 210 lbs
Class: 2018

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/183477

Jacob Warren, Farragut, Tight End

Jacob Warren - Hudl

Vols offered.

His father, James Warren, played OL at UT in the early '90's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Good friends with his dad James. Got offers from UT and USCjr within 5 minutes of each other today. Great athlete and kid. Would love to see him ball out at UT!

Reactions: 2 people
I was wondering what class he was while I was watching their championship game. Very impressive looking prospect.

Reactions: 1 person
"I was in 3rd block and coach Scott called me," Warren said. "He told me he liked my film. He told me that he had heard that I had a good head on me and had good character. He told me they wanted to extend an offer to me. "I don't even know what was going on. I was in shock. I told him thank you."

"I've always grown up a Vol fan," Warren said. "I have done some research and my dad played there. I really like how they are balanced like we are at Farragut. They use Ethan Wolf and they love to throw to the tight end. It's good to see they use tight ends."

After the Vol offer came South Carolina. The phone has begun to ring more for the 6-foot-6, athletic tight end. "It has started to ring more and more," Warren said. "It blew up all day long once I got those offers. It's new to me, but I"m starting to get a feel for it. I feel like I'm a grounded player and they tell me that I play that way. I never get to upset about anything and I think that benefits me in recruiting. I'm just taking it in and enjoying the experience."

"I feel like I'm there to do whatever is needed to be done," Warren said. "If that is block then I'll block and if that's to catch balls then I'll catch some balls. I just want to help the team. I want to get stronger. I want to put on more weight and be more of a factor. As I started to make more plays, the coaches and Adam Fulton (Quarterback) trusted me more and more."

He'a also hearing from Louisville and Duke who have asked for transcrips. His father James, played at Tennessee from 1989 to 1993. He visited Tennessee this weekend as the Vols hosted a few juniors. "It made me feel really good," Warren said of the visit. "It was kind of surreal. I really enjoyed the visit. I got to tour the facility and just check everything out. I met with coach Mahoney and talk to him for a little while. Then we got to meet with coach Butch (Jones) and he just talked to me about staying on my grades and keep a level head."

-VQ

I think he meant to say "they love getting TEs open and not throwing to them"

Yeah, throwing to our TE was super productive early in the season when our TEs were dropping about half their targets. Our TE scheme is not a problem.

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee gave the 6-foot-6, 215-pound Warren his first major-conference offer on Dec. 8, and he said “it was definitely surprising” at the time.

“It was funny because I was sitting in class the day before, and I was looking down and I had a Tennessee wristband on. And I said, ‘Dang. One day. One day,’” said Warren, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 30 tight end and the No. 23 prospect from the state of Tennessee in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class. “And then, the next day, sure enough, got a phone call.”

Warren, who’s planning to attend Tennessee’s first junior day of the year Saturday, said it ultimately might be difficult for him to pass up the opportunity to play for the Vols.

“I mean, yeah, that’s always going to be on my mind,” said Warren, who also holds offers from South Carolina, Missouri, Duke and Oklahoma State, among others. “That’s the hometown school, and that’s my quote, unquote dream school. So, I mean, yeah, that’ll definitely play a role in my decision. Tennessee could be that place, but I am looking for the best place for me. (Getting a Tennessee offer) was always a dream. It’s just weird now that it’s become true. When I was a kid, I used to be like, ‘Oh, those guys out there. I don’t know how I’m ever going to be like that.’ It’s surreal that it’s happened.”

Despite his family ties to Tennessee, he said his father isn’t pressuring him to follow in his footsteps.

“I mean, we joke about it. But at the end of the day, he genuinely wants me to go where I want to go,” Warren said. “I mean, he would be really excited if that was UT. But if it’s not, then he would still be happy for me. I’ve had some conversations and texts with Coach Jones, and then the new area recruiter for this area — Coach Wells, I believe — I’ve been talking to him recently since he got the new job,” Warren said. “(They are) just making it known that their tight ends are going to be used now because of who’s in the offensive-coordinator job and everything. It’s a really good opportunity for me to do what I do now and catch passes and run routes, but also be a versatile tight end.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 4 people
Well lots of TEs already on the board be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I think so, too. He mentioned in the article he would wait until he and his family have had the chance to go through all of the schools he is interested in, but I think he will commit sooner rather than later.

We offered early, and he's a legacy. He's got a spot. Moreover, with Wolf done after next season and pretty much all projects at TE after him on the roster, I think we take 2 TEs in this class.

Compared to Warren, I think it will be more interesting to see how things shake out with Schoenwald who is not only higher ranked at this point but also has the better offers thus far.

This is one of those years where we could get all of our needs from in state and no one should complain about it

Reactions: 3 people
I wouldnt be surprised if this kid balls out and climbs up the rankings his senior year. Watched him tear up my former High School in the state championship last year. He definitely stood out.

Compared to Warren, I think it will be more interesting to see how things shake out with Schoenwald who is not only higher ranked at this point but also has the better offers thus far.

If the 16 class is any indication, they are looking to differentiate the TE position. They are really looking to get some depth with Ys and Hs. They've always been good about rotating three guys around, but I think it'll go into hyperdrive with Scott as the play caller.

VN Store

Back