'18 TX CB D'shawn Jamison

4_4483490.jpg

D'shawn Jamison

4* player, 5'10" 168lbs., .9006 composite score, CB, high school junior, Lamar High School, Houston, TX,
40-yd dash- 4.48
Shuttle 3.90
Vertical- 36.7"
Bench Press- 235
Squat- 425
100m- 10.99

Class of 2018

#29th CB & #262nd ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class by 247 Sports.

247 Sports

Hudl

ESPN

NCSA

Scout

UT offered on 12-7-16. Seven other schools have also offered & those schools are Houston, UF, Michigan, TCU, UTSA, Utah, & Toledo.

The Top247 junior cornerback from Lamar High School in Houston said he was caught off guard by the offer he received Dec. 7 from Tennessee, a school he briefly visited last summer, and he’s now interested in taking a closer look at the Vols.

“It was kind of out of the blue because, once I got the Michigan one, they hit me up and they were like, ‘Hey, we like your film.’ They were like, ‘Yeah, we’re going to offer you because we like your game,’” Jamison said before participating in Saturday’s Under Armour Future 50 underclassman combine. “They just said, ‘You’re a really great player.’ They don’t care too much about the height. They just care about how your game is, and they really like my game.”

The 5-foot-10, 175-pound Jamison said Tennessee defensive graduate assistant Jon Shalala initially reached out to him and got him in touch with Vols head coach Butch Jones and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez, who made it clear “they really like my film.”

“I was actually on a visit with my coaches,” said Jamison, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 234 overall prospect and No. 27 cornerback in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class. “It was just, like, an unofficial visit with the coaches and stuff, and they were just showing us what we’re going to experience and what we’re going to see toward the future.”

“It’s pretty big,” Jamison said. “Nice city. I passed through there going into junior olympics for my track and field. That was last summer, after all the visits. It looked pretty nice out there.”

“I usually watch one of their players, which is Cameron Sutton, so I kind of perfect my game toward him,” Jamison said. “I just happened to catch one of their games (this season). It had been awhile since I watched him in person.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Said he wants to visit UT again in the future.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back