'18 LA QB Justin Rogers

1593131.jpg

Justin Rogers

4* player, 6'4" 195lbs., QB(Dual Threat),
.9069 composite score, high school junior,
Parkway High School, Bossier City, Louisiana,
Class of 2018

#11th dual threat QB & #248th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

Scout

ESPN

Evaluation

Justin Rogers is one of the top quarterbacks in the state of Louisiana and will be a Power Five conference target for many programs. He combines great arm strength and velocity with dangerous running ability, especially when passing plays break down and become scrambles. Rogers can throw on the run or in the pocket and has a good feel for sensing pressure. He can improve footwork consistency ad ball security. Overall, Rogers is a high-major QB with all the tools as he projects to the next level. - Gabe Brooks

Strengths

• Arm Strength
  • Pocket Awareness
  • Running Ability / Mobility
Areas to Improve

• Ball Handling
  • Footwork/Feet
UT offered on 11-30-16: http://www.volnation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13332901&postcount=10052

Last edited:
Film looks good. Good arm strength, seems to have a good touch on the deep ball and has some good wheels.

If Fields chooses UGA, I would be more than happy with this kid or Yankoff.

Would you two rather have Rogers or Yankoff for 2018? I'm thinking Rogers myself. I watched a little film on both of them but not a lot. Rogers by a hair from what I watched on video.

Guys, with these two recent recruit thread postings of QB's we have to remember we still have others offered for 2018. Right now the ones offered & also of interest are:

1. Dakereon Joyner
2. Justin Fields
3. John Foreback
4. Gunnar Watson
5. Cary Enos
6. Brennan Armstrong
7. Jordan Loving
8. Woodrowe Lowe III
9. Mason McLaughlin
10. Colston Yankoff
11. Justin Rogers

* no particular order

Last edited:
A scout recently from 247 Sports has said that Rogers has come from out of nowhere in recent months. He was the #38 dual-threat QB a few months ago & now he's jumped all the way up to the #11th dual-threat QB in a relatively short period of time.

The scout also said he wouldn't be surprised to see this kid get another bump in ratings before NSD. He's jumped 27 spots in ranking in a few months time & could even go higher. The scout said he has a cannon for an arm & can run when things are covered up in the passing game.

A few early favorites already have emerged.

The Top247 junior quarterback from Parkway High School in Bossier City, La., said TCU, Tennessee, Louisville and North Carolina are among the teams currently standing out to him, and he’s planning to visit a few of them by this spring.

“I plan to have my top five out by March — late March, early April, somewhere around there,” said Rogers, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 238 overall prospect and No. 13 dual-threat quarterback in the 2018 class. “Right now, I’ve got three teams most likely — TCU, Tennessee and Louisville — and North Carolina. Those would be some schools that would be in it.

He said he’s also hoping to travel to Tennessee for one of its spring practices after the Vols made two stops at his school within the past week. Tennessee coach Butch Jones and running backs coach Robert Gillespie made an appearance at his school last week, and Rogers said new Vols quarterbacks coach Mike Canales stopped by Tuesday.

“For (Canales) being able to come down as soon as he gets the job, I mean, that shows that they really want me. That was big,” said Rogers, who received an offer from the Vols nearly two months ago.

“I actually talked to him as soon as he got the job. He shot me a text and we talked for a little bit, and he told me he was coming down. I mean, him and my head coach talked for a while (Tuesday). We talked through social media and stuff like that.

“He said he was really excited about me after talking to my head coach about what I bring to the table and stuff like that. He said he was real excited and ready to build this relationship and see if he can get me to Tennessee.”

Rogers said he has talked with Jones on the phone, and he has been in contact with Gillespie “almost every other day” since getting his offer from Tennessee on Nov. 30.

“He’s saying that I can come in as a young guy and have the potential to play,” Rogers said of Gillespie. “I mean, I’m graduating in December, so he said that’s huge. Him and Coach Jones are just telling me how they dialed the offense down a little so it’s better to understand, and all their connects. They said they know (Jon) Gruden, Peyton (Manning) and stuff like that.”

Reactions: 3 people
"Spoke with 2018 QB Justin Rogers of Louisiana...

Tennessee has been by last week and this week. Canales was by on Tuesday. Canales texted him the day he was hired. It's left an impression with him.

He hopes to be in Knoxville in late February, early March. Mid-term enrollee that the Vols offered Nov. 30th. Rogers plans to make an early decision.

UNC, Texas, TN, TCU, Louisville are all schools he plans to see. Currently has 16 offers."

- Hubbs

“As soon as he got the job he sent me a text,” Rogers said. “That's definitely a big deal.” The day before Canales was hired running backs coach Robert Gillespie and head coach Butch Jones had been in the school. This week, Canales was in the school on Tuesday. “That's big that he would come down as soon as he got the job,” Rogers said.

“Tennessee has great tradition,” Rogers said. “It's the school Peyton Manning comes from. They have a great and passionate fan base. I like the offense they run and I like the fact they play guys early. “I like the way they way they used Dobbs depending on the team they played. They threw it a lot and they ran him against teams that blitz.”

“I would say the main person I model my game after is Aaron Rodgers,” Rogers said. “I'm not a guy who is going to rush for 200 yards a game, but can make a first down on 3rd and 8. I feel like I can use my legs to extend plays and move the chains.”

For Rogers spring visits are key as a decision looms this summer. “I plan on committing early,” Rogers said. “Graduating early. December graduate. Plan on committing before summer is over. “I feel like I can run any system. Relationship with coaches is the key and with my trust with the coaches to develop me as a quarterback.”

The college opportunities only seem to be growing. Tennessee, North Carolina, Texas, TCU, LSU and Georgia have all been in the school this week to see Rogers and his receiver 2018 four star wide out Terrance Marshall, Jr.

-VQ

#4 Dual Threat QB and #93 nationally for 2018 class. Want.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
In my opinion after watching lots of film on both Emory Jones & now Rogers I think Emory Jones is quite the better QB overall. Rogers is a really good QB though. Jordan Loving is a kid to keep your eye on as well for 2018.

I also like the local kid from Morristown West High School in John Foreback. Has 20+ schools watching/interested in him but no offers yet. Colston Yankoff is another one to watch as well.

James Foster QB from AL probably we have a leg up on though because we've been recruiting him for a longer time. Michael Penix Jr. is also another QB we're after but I think both Foster & Rogers are better overall than him.

Last edited:
Only 48 other states to eliminate and he's all ours!

Which other state has he already eliminated? Or have you already let California secede from the Union and are therefore not counting them?

:)

Edit: Doh....nm....i'm stupid.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back