'18 TN OL Maxwell Iyama

Same high school as 2019 Joe Anderson. He's just waiting for a Louisville offer. I don't expect us to be much of a factor based on conversations but its recruiting ya never know.

Same high school as 2019 Joe Anderson. He's just waiting for a Louisville offer. I don't expect us to be much of a factor based on conversations but its recruiting ya never know.

What's the story there? Louisville legacy or does he just like them that much?

He just likes him that much. He grew up an FSU fan. He's also much closer to 6' 6" than he is 6' 5"

You're more familiar with him than I am, but he sounds like a typical kid. Grew up an FSU fan, now he's a fan of a rival school. It wouldn't surprise me if a whole lot changes once his recruitment picks up.

Reactions: 1 person
You're more familiar with him than I am, but he sounds like a typical kid. Grew up an FSU fan, now he's a fan of a rival school. It wouldn't surprise me if a whole lot changes once his recruitment picks up.

He's an awesome kid. Very quiet and extremely humble. He's raw, reminds me a lot of the Calbert kid we have committed.

Max is rated the #19 Offensive Tackle and 199th overall in the new rivals rankings for 2018

Tennessee, Louisville, South Carolina and Memphis have all offered Iyama. He is learning more and more about the Vols all the time. Like other prospects, Iyama has taken notice at how Tennessee approaches the process with him.

"I like the fanbase," Iyama said. "I like the way the recruit me. They show genuine interest in me and make it seem like they are my family. I talk to coach (Walt) Wells a lot and he is always checking in on me."

"I have good footwork," Iyama said. "I also have a good motor. Nobody gets past me. I have good enough speed to get out and make pull blocks. I feel like my game can continue to get better. It's just about putting the work in and continuing to work hard. I need to work on my explosion from my hips and upper body strength."

Getting the chance to work with the National Playmakers Academy (NPA), Iyama has helped hone his craft as he prepares for a fun, but tough run in recruiting.

"They are helping me a lot," Iyama said. "They help me learn what to do and what not to do with my game and with recruiting. They are a good guide and they are going to help me get to the next level. Just make me better."
-Price

Reactions: 4 people
De1, what's your thoughts on this kid and his potential?

This is one of our young NPA bulls Max works with Tiny a lot and has a world of potential. The things that make him special are his length, size, and athleticism. This kid and Jake Wray are going to be top 50 guys and make a lot of money playing OL.

Reactions: 1 person
This is one of our young NPA bulls Max works with Tiny a lot and has a world of potential. The things that make him special are his length, size, and athleticism. This kid and Jake Wray are going to be top 50 guys and make a lot of money playing OL.

Thanks

This is what we are looking for de1. Not the following

This is one of our young NPA bulls Max works with Tiny a lot who could possibly dislike a coach or two at UT and has a world of potential. The things that make him special are his length, size, and athleticism. This kid and Jake Wray are going to be top 50 guys and make a lot of money playing OL but Wells may or may not have voted for Trump so the captains are pissed at Butch.

:good!:

Reactions: 4 people
MAXWELL IYAMA

Offensive tackle

6-5, 285 pounds

Siegel High School, Murfreesboro, Tenn.

247Sports Composite rating: Four stars (0.9205)

Iyama, who has yet to be rated by 247Sports, received an offer from Tennessee in late November after attending three of the Vols’ home games this season. He also holds early offers from Louisville, Memphis and South Carolina, among others. The lone prediction on the 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Tennessee as the favorite to land him.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 3 people
Per Ruckboy

Notes...
- Didn't commit today but said Tennessee "definitely opened my eyes" during the visit. Had a great time. "I really like how they do stuff here."
- Likes new OL coach Walt Wells and OC Larry Scott. "I think they're making this a great atmosphere."
- Knew Wells and Scott before today, especially Wells, and he likes the guy a lot.
- Being recruited exclusively as a tackle right now and IMO has a great frame for a tackle but said he would be open to playing wherever coaches wanted.
- Tennessee, South Carolina and Memphis are his top three right now.
- Said he's not focusing on any school really until it offers him. Said he didn't want to be a "hothead" or "show-off" with a ton of offers but would appreciate any offer he got and consider any offer he got.
- Up to 299 pounds on his 6-5 frame.
- Said he doesn't have any specific timetable right now but obviously needs to whittle his list by the end of his senior season or just after that.
- Said he'll go to Bama or Georgia next weekend but he hasn't decided, and he's planning to go to Louisville on March 4.

Reactions: 5 people
Per Ruckboy

Notes...
- Didn't commit today but said Tennessee "definitely opened my eyes" during the visit. Had a great time. "I really like how they do stuff here."
- Likes new OL coach Walt Wells and OC Larry Scott. "I think they're making this a great atmosphere."
- Knew Wells and Scott before today, especially Wells, and he likes the guy a lot.
- Being recruited exclusively as a tackle right now and IMO has a great frame for a tackle but said he would be open to playing wherever coaches wanted.
- Tennessee, South Carolina and Memphis are his top three right now.
- Said he's not focusing on any school really until it offers him. Said he didn't want to be a "hothead" or "show-off" with a ton of offers but would appreciate any offer he got and consider any offer he got.
- Up to 299 pounds on his 6-5 frame.
- Said he doesn't have any specific timetable right now but obviously needs to whittle his list by the end of his senior season or just after that.
- Said he'll go to Bama or Georgia next weekend but he hasn't decided, and he's planning to go to Louisville on March 4.

"Louisville lock"? :huh:

CB from Rucker FWIW. I don't remember him giving CBs until very recently. He also CB'd the TE Warren to us.

Im not saying I expect this to happen...but if we added Iyama, Litaker, Kellogg and Warren to go with Mays and Taylor before the end of spring practice then I would say that's a dang near perfect foundation for this class going into the summer

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back