All Not School's No. 1 QB Commit

LSU Commits
Lowell Narcisse (Dual)
Miles Brennan (Pro)

Alabama Commit
Mac Jones (Pro)

Clemson Commit
Chase Brice (Pro)

Butch doing any work on any of these guys? The Ignot deal came out of the blue. Bet he's not sitting on 0 QBs for this class.

Reactions: 1 person
All 247 Composite 4*

LSU Commits
Lowell Narcisse (Dual)
Miles Brennan (Pro)

Alabama Commit
Mac Jones (Pro)

Clemson Commit
Chase Brice (Pro)

Butch doing any work on any of these guys? The Ignot deal came out of the blue. Bet he's not sitting on 0 QBs for this class.

Not to be a Debbie Downer........but why would they flip from those programs to Tennessee's?

Not to be a Debbie Downer........but why would they flip from those programs to Tennessee's?

Possible 2nd/3rd string as a true freshman.

I doubt that is the case at the other programs, especially considering they are competing with elite QB prospects in their own class.

Plus, I believe we might keep C.J. Lewis who committed as a QB. It's in 2018 that's the key. We are going after Fields bigtime to try & get him. We also have a couple of ATH that could probably play QB for the 2017 class but it's 2018 & 2019 that will really count. We already have both Dormady & JG on the roster now so it's no urgent need to even hope or get any of those players listed to flip.

Plus, I believe we might keep C.J. Lewis who committed as a QB. It's in 2018 that's the key. We are going after Fields bigtime to try & get him. We also have a couple of ATH that could probably play QB for the 2017 class but it's 2018 & 2019 that will really count.

Seriously doubt we keep CJ Lewis. He does not appear to be worth a scholarship.

Reactions: 3 people
Seriously doubt we keep CJ Lewis. He does not appear to be worth a scholarship.

I said we MIGHT just as someone to have since it looks like he's the only QB we're getting in 2017. That's what I mean. It's a big MIGHT though I'll have to admit. :wink:

I said we MIGHT just as someone to have since it looks like he's the only QB we're getting in 2017. That's what I mean. It's a big MIGHT though I'll have to admit. :wink:

Honestly, Jancek is probably a better option. I hate it for the kid, but he just got replaced as the starting QB in HS in a weak division.

Plus, I believe we might keep C.J. Lewis who committed as a QB. It's in 2018 that's the key. We are going after Fields bigtime to try & get him. We also have a couple of ATH that could probably play QB for the 2017 class but it's 2018 & 2019 that will really count. We already have both Dormady & JG on the roster now so it's no urgent need to even hope or get any of those players listed to flip.

We are not keeping Lewis. This I can assure you.

All 247 Composite 4*

LSU Commits
Lowell Narcisse (Dual)
Miles Brennan (Pro)

Alabama Commit
Mac Jones (Pro)

Clemson Commit
Chase Brice (Pro)

Chase Brice's dad is a coach at Clemson.

I wonder why Saban took a commitment from a pro style QB after seeing what Hurts is capable of under his system?

I would say Bubba Thompson is the target now.

I forgot all about us recently offering him a scholarship. Can't keep up with all of these recruits. He would definitely stay & C.J. Lewis would be gone if that has a chance to happen.

Last edited:
Odds are against Lewis. He was always conditional and his senior season hasn't been impressive.

Maybe the lewis offer was just an attempt to lure tareik black towards Tennessee. Maybe like a Nash Nance and da'rick Rogers deal. Because I was interested in Lewis, so I checked out a couple of his game films on YouTube. Honestly, I can't see any player successfully making a transition from that type of football environment to leading the vols out of the T in neyland. There were no stands for the crowd. Looked like kickoff was at 9:30 am. The field looked like it serves as the school's quad for outside lunch. It seriously looked like a pickup game with pads and helmets. And that's a prominent private school in CT. Just blew me away.

I wonder why Saban took a commitment from a pro style QB after seeing what Hurts is capable of under his system?

Hurts isn't that great. Put him at any other school without superior talent and protection and he flounders. Dude can't pass downfield to save his life. Maybe he will get better, but as a freshman he is having success because he is at Bama with grown men around him.

Point being, I don't think it really matters who they put back there.

Reactions: 4 people

Saban changes his system to fit his personnel. Before Hurts, he had Pro style QBs that did very well...with Hurts, they have made adjustments to ensure they continue to do very well.

I was at the Harrison/Dalton game friday night, and Fields has a quick release, and the legs to get it done.

I hope he commits.

VN Store

Back