4_4391886.jpg

Al Blades Jr.

4*player, 6'0' 170lbs., CB, .9750 composite score,
high school junior, St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Ft. Lauderdale, FL,
40-yd dash- 4.54
Squat- 365
Vertical- 34"

Class of 2018

#6th CB & #41st ranked recruit overall by 247 Sports in the class of 2018. Rivals has him as the #4th CB & #20th ranked recruit overall in their 2018 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

Rivals

ESPN

UT offered today 10-22-16. About 25 total offers to date for this recruit.

Best DB in the country period

That's up for debate. There are a number of DB's that could be in the running for that including Lamont Wade. Others would be Trajan Bandy, Jamyest Williams(South Carolina), Brad Stewart, Christopher Henderson, Xavier McKinney, & Jaylon Johnson all at CB while Jeffrey Okudah, Todd Harris, & Jaylen Kelly-Powell at S.

That's up for debate. There are a number of DB's that could be in the running for that including Lamont Wade. Others would be Trajan Bandy, Jamyest Williams(South Carolina), Brad Stewart, Christopher Henderson, Xavier McKinney, & Jaylon Johnson all at CB while Jeffrey Okudah, Todd Harris, & Jaylen Kelly-Powell at S.

Maybe he meant best 18' DB in the country. I think most of not all you named are 17'

Reactions: 2 people
I think BB meant regardless of class, Blades is the best. Tony is just stating the obvious saying it is debatable. All opinions are debatable. Some are just foolishly debated.

All the guys I named with Al Blades are 4* recruits. That's the biggest reason this is debatable. I personally think Wade might end up being a 5* recruit & possibly even Blades too. :wink:

If those are the only two that would end up 5* recruits then it's a debate just between those two players. I would probably pick Wade myself over Blades but he has grown on me bigtime with his interest in UT.

All the guys I named with Al Blades are 4* recruits. That's the biggest reason this is debatable. I personally think Wade might end up being a 5* recruit & possibly even Blades too. :wink:

If those are the only two that would end up 5* recruits then it's a debate just between those two players. I would probably pick Wade myself over Blades but he has grown on me bigtime with his interest in UT.

BB has stated more than once he just doesn't have much for Wade. He believes Blades is the top CB, period. That is his opinion. You like Wade. Others may like other players. As you said, it's debatable.

Reactions: 1 person
BB has stated more than once he just doesn't have much for Wade. He believes Blades is the top CB, period. That is his opinion. You like Wade. Others may like other players. As you said, it's debatable.

I thought that was LynxVol that wasn't in support of Wade? All this even came from another recruits threads too. It wasn't even BB. I'm pretty sure that was LynxVol about not liking Wade chris. Thanks!

I thought that was LynxVol that wasn't in support of Wade? All this even came from another recruits threads too. It wasn't even BB. I'm pretty sure that was LynxVol about not liking Wade chris. Thanks!

Wrong. BB has said he is not impressed by wade multiple times
Edit. Not sure what lynxvol thinks of wade

Last edited:

He outperformed Wade easily. Looked better and is younger. Blades has better hips than Wade and he's taller. Those two aren't in the same league. IMO

Okay...
He outperformed Wade easily. Looked better and is younger. Blades has better hips than Wade and he's taller. Those two aren't in the same league. IMO

Lynx may not be a fan either, but BB is on record.

All of them were at camp. Blades was heads and shoulders better than any DB there. Wade looked outclassed in 1 on 1 matchups. But I won't get into that. The Opening is on YouTube. Go watch if you want.

Wrong. BB has said he is not impressed by wade multiple times
Edit. Not sure what lynxvol thinks of wade

To be honest, I can't really remember about LynxVol & his stance on Wade but it may have been BB all along that I was thinking about. I don't believe it was both of them though so I guess it was BB afterall. :wink:

So, BB, do you think Blades is better than all of those recruits that I listed a few posts back? I know you've already said Blades is the best DB period but take a look at recruits that I listed & compare them real hard to Blades.

They're all 4* recruits so they all are pretty even. Blades is still even listed as a 4* recruit. I've watched videos on all of them from the prospects video thread of mine & I would have a hard time determining who's the best in my opinion. Thanks!

VN Store

Back