If anyone still thinks stars dont really matter

We have more 3 star commitments in a class than Alabama has in a 4 year cycle it seems. And we wonder why we can't compete?

Reactions: 9 people
We have more 3 star commitments in a class than Alabama has in a 4 year cycle it seems. And we wonder why we can't compete?

Some of those 3 stars will get a bump more than likely. But we will not beat Bama in the next 5 years. Maybe 10. Unless we get an OLINE that can do their job. Defense isn't an issue if we can stay healthy.

Reactions: 1 person
Its not looking so hot for the 17 class right now. You cant win big in the SEC with classes like the 16 class and right now we can add the 17 class too the list, if we dont have a major upgrade this winter!

Reactions: 5 people
Mostly stars.

Satan was crap in Nfl where talent differential is minimal.

Nonsense.

Its not about talent differential as much as coaches have no authority in NFL. No such thing as running a tight ship in the NFL.

I hate Bama but I wish UT would pay 10 or 15 million to get Saban

In my opinion, theres a bigger gap between Saban and other SEC coaches than there is between the players on the upper tier SEC teams

Yes Bama is loaded but the Saban factor is real.

Last edited:
Some of those 3 stars will get a bump more than likely. But we will not beat Bama in the next 5 years. Maybe 10. Unless we get an OLINE that can do their job. Defense isn't an issue if we can stay healthy.

Just out of curiosity, what defense have you been watching?

Reactions: 3 people
Nonsense.

Its not about talent differential as much as coaches have no authority in NFL. No such thing as running a tight ship in the NFL.

I hate Bama but I wish UT would pay 10 or 15 million to get Saban

In my opinion, theres a bigger gap between Saban and other SEC coaches than there is between the players on the upper tier SEC teams

Yes Bama is loaded but the Saban factor is real.

Ok. So your point is Saban is great because he can enforce a curfew in college? Awesome point.

Saban wins because he has a overwhelming talent advantage 95% of the time.

Again, talent difference is minimal in NFL. Thus Saban was average at best.

Reactions: 14 people
Ok. So your point is Saban is great because he can enforce a curfew in college? Awesome point.

Saban wins because he has a overwhelming talent advantage 95% of the time.

Again, talent difference is minimal in NFL. Thus Saban was average at best.

:lolabove:

The 2016 class looks and will probably be fine. 2017 needs a lot of work. Also need to keep the good players here. Hendrix and Helm could be producing for us this year.

This is what happens when you have the number 1 recruiting class 5 years running. Imagine if we could have sustained 3 straight top 5 classes. We are very talented but would be on par with Alabama if we did that. You get the luxury of coasting to blowouts by simply running the ball up the middle against top 10 teams. Must be nice.

Reactions: 1 person
This is what happens when you have the number 1 recruiting class 5 years running. Imagine if we could have sustained 3 straight top 5 classes. We are very talented but would be on par with Alabama if we did that. You get the luxury of coasting to blowouts by simply running the ball up the middle against top 10 teams. Must be nice.

I bet that he has been in the top 5 even longer. A 5 star can make a coach look awesome. It's has always been and always will be about the Jimmy and Joe's, jmho of course.

Reactions: 2 people
They'd be right there with Georgia.

Just watch Alabama. Its that simple.

200_s.gif

VN Store

Back