Marquise Brown
Hollywood, FL (South Broward)
Wide Receiver
Ht: 5-11
Wt: 170

Marquise Brown, College of the Canyons, Wide Receiver
Marquise Brown, College of the Canyons WR - Scout

GODSPEED 6 MIDSEASON HIGHLIGHTS ! - Marquise Brown highlights - Hudl

As Fingers noted in the RF thread, UT has offered. Several major offers have come in the past couple of weeks including UT, Oregon, UK, and Missouri.

Reactions: 1 person
He has already spoken to coaches at Oregon, and he plans to set up a visit. He is scheduled to visit (unofficial) USC on Thursday, and he has been in frequent contact with Tee Martin recently per JHop at 247.

Ugh wut? Pearson just had two very productive years at WR.

"very productive" - umm....

393 yards in '14
409 yards in '15

more like "somewhat productive"

Eric Swanson and Anthony Miller - big fans of both...back when Reagan was President during the 1980s.

So other than C Patterson (whom I named), perhaps Pearson in the recent era - what other JUCO WR has truly distinguished themselves?

You are forgetting Patterson. And then there was also Cordarrell that came from a JUCO as well. And lastly, Cordarrell Patterson

Reactions: 2 people
He has already spoken to coaches at Oregon, and he plans to set up a visit. He is scheduled to visit (unofficial) USC on Thursday, and he has been in frequent contact with Tee Martin recently per JHop at 247.

Sounds like he is heading West Coast, hopefully we won't waste a lot of time unless he expresses a desire to be in the SEC

What jucos have worked out for us in general lately? Kongbo has promise, and CP, anyone else?

27 catches for 474 yards & 7 TDs in 6 games. Has also returned a KO for TD (84 yards).
https://canyons.prestosports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/bios/brown_marquise_55mi?view=career&pos=wr

"I've got 4.33 speed, so I can get down the field, take the top off the defense, pretty well," Brown said. "I also get good separation out of my breaks, I feel like I'm a difference-maker and I can make big plays every time I get my hands on the ball."

As a prep, Brown attended Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood, Florida, but he went unrecruited. "I felt like I was just overlooked," Brown said. "I didn't get out to many camps and I think a lot of coaches just didn't see the potential in me, so I came out here to Canyons and I'm out to show people that I can get it done at the highest level.

Brown Talks First Offer - Jc Football - Scout

Measured 5-7, 126 lbs at a Nike combine in Feb. 2014, where he ran a 4.82 40 and 4.21 shuttle.

Reactions: 1 person
What jucos have worked out for us in general lately? Kongbo has promise, and CP, anyone else?

Owen Williams gave us about a year and a half of solid production.

We got one good year out of McCullers (though he didn't even fit our scheme that year, he are up blocks well enough).

Mychal Rivera came to UT after a failed stint at Oregon and a year of JUCO. He's one of the most statistically productive TEs in school history.

Still time for our 3 JUCOs from the 2016 class to make an impact.

Eh, he was OK. I wouldn't consider him a big success. Owen Williams and Rivera were good ones for sure. Hoping Alexis can be good for us. Kongbo will probably be a stud next year.

Two year starter and was one of the highest on the team in catches both years.

VN Store

Back