4* player, 5'11" 199lbs., RB, high school senior,
Jennings High School, Jennings, LA,
40-yd dash- 4.43
Shuttle- 4.33
Bench Press- 275
Squat- 495
Vertical- 37.2"

Class of 2017

#18th RB & #238th ranked recruit overall by 247 Sports in the 2017 class. #113th overall in the ESPN 300.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Max Preps

Rivals

UT has offered. Both Scout & Rivals have UT listed in his top 3 schools of choice. The top 3 are Texas A&M, Bama, & UT with Miami & Oregon rounding out his top 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
5'11 and 200lbs that runs a 4.4 40? Sign him up.

That 40(4.43) was probably taken at a camp. I'd say though he's for sure upper 4.40's(4.47-4.49) though regularly. That matches up with the recruiting services.

We're dumping soon so this would be another solid get depending on how many we dump. I'd say Trey Coleman is gone so this guy would be an advancement up from him.

That 40(4.43) was probably taken at a camp. I'd say though he's for sure upper 4.40's(4.47-4.49) though regularly. That matches up with the recruiting services.

We're dumping soon so this would be another solid get depending on how many we dump. I'd say Trey Coleman is gone so this guy would be an advancement up from him.

Why do you think trey is gone?

Pretty sure we already had a thread on him.

I think we offered this guy way back when he was just a lowly two-star. Then he committed to A&M.

Why do you think trey is gone?

I just do because he's another one of those 3 * recruits that CBJ would consider letting go for a better replacement.

Pretty sure we already had a thread on him.

I think we offered this guy way back when he was just a lowly two-star. Then he committed to A&M.

Did a search & his name didn't come up though. Thanks!

Be Recruited talked with Mr. Travis Etienne in early November & asked him a few questions concerning his senior year in high school & also what's next for him at the next level? Etienne is a RB & S for his high school team Jennings High School in Jennings, La. He leads his team in both rushing & tackles. He was asked if he was surprised at all the offers he's received his senior year & he said, "no, not really because I started getting offers when I was a junior at first. However, most have came my senior season & most even before the football season started." He was asked if he's even thought about narrowing his choices down or was he planning on waiting until NSD to make that choice? He said no necessary date is scheduled to make his announcement but he does have a top 8 right now." When asked if any of those top 8 were SEC schools he replied ,yes, more than one too?" The reporter asked if he cared to name those schools & he told him Texas A&M, Oregon, & Tennessee." He said those 3 schools were in his top 8 & unless something drastic happens he doesn't see them 3 being taken out either. He said I just want to finish enjoying my senior year. I probably will not make my final decision until NSD but that's not a given either. I could end up deciding to make my decision before then but I will give people plenty enough notice."
-Per BeRecruited

Last edited:
"Travis Etienne will also take an OV to Tennessee in January. His final three, as of now, are A&M, Tennessee and it was Oregon. But, I was hanging up with him right when the news was breaking about Helfrich. I think in the end it's A&M and Tennessee, especially since he's already taken his OV to Oregon."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
"Travis Etienne will also take an OV to Tennessee in January. His final three, as of now, are A&M, Tennessee and it was Oregon. But, I was hanging up with him right when the news was breaking about Helfrich. I think in the end it's A&M and Tennessee, especially since he's already taken his OV to Oregon."

- Fortenberry

Need

If we can't get Akers(it appears not likely) then this guy would be the next RB I would want for the 2017 class. He has some skills & I've watched a lot of film/video on him. He's legit. Not as good as Chandler but really really good.

Be Recruited talked with Mr. Travis Etienne in early November & asked him a few questions concerning his senior year in high school & also what's next for him at the next level? Etienne is a RB & S for his high school team Jennings High School in Jennings, La. He leads his team in both rushing & tackles. He was asked if he was surprised at all the offers he's received his senior year & he said, "no, not really because I started getting offers when I was a junior at first. However, most have came my senior season & most even before the football season started." He was asked if he's even thought about narrowing his choices down or was he planning on waiting until NSD to make that choice? He said no necessary date is scheduled to make his announcement but he does have a top 8 right now." When asked if any of those top 8 were SEC schools he replied ,yes, more than one too?" The reporter asked if he cared to name those schools & he told him Texas A&M, Oregon, & Tennessee." He said those 3 schools were in his top 8 & unless something drastic happens he doesn't see them 3 being taken out either. He said I just want to finish enjoying my senior year. I probably will not make my final decision until NSD but that's not a given either. I could end up deciding to make my decision before then but I will give people plenty enough notice."

-Per BeRecruited

Something drastic has changed since this quote of his. Oregon has lost their head coach so I would say that might eliminate Oregon & leave it between A&M & UT just like Ron just posted.

I can confirm he has good film/video. Also thanks Tony for reposting that long quote already quoted on this page to point out something someone else just said.

Reactions: 3 people
I can confirm he has good film/video. Also thanks Tony for reposting that long quote already quoted on this page to point out something someone else just said.

I was making a point as to what he said. The underlined part buddy in him saying unless things change & they did. That's why I reposted it. Stop whining!

That quote reposted by the way was my post anyhow. What's the big freakin deal? I did it for a very specific reason & I even explained it. Then you still whine about it? :eek:hmy: It had a meaning behind it & I know all well what Ron posted. Good grief!

Can't argue with that. But that site BeCruiter or whatever is very poorly written. I can't tell what is a quote from Travis and what is from the interviewer. Good Grief! Has that guy even watched a YouTube video on journalism?

Can't argue with that. But that site BeCruiter or whatever is very poorly written. I can't tell what is a quote from Travis and what is from the interviewer. Good Grief! Has that guy even watched a YouTube video on journalism?

I know. BeRecruited is not a place I use a lot. I just found this while looking for information on Etienne. It's certainly not one that I use much. I stick with the main ones in 247 Sports, Scout, Rivals, & Max Preps. Thanks!

Wasn't this kid already committed to A&M once?

This could be a good thing for us, especially since RB depth isn't all that deep and Gillespie and the run game wasn't the problem this year.

On 247 Sports today Etienne said that he's deciding on Texas A&M, UT, & Oregon. Texas A&M is who he de-commited from before.

Has he ever visited UT? Doubt he commits to UT before visiting. CRG visited with him yesterday so maybe he convinced him to be a Vol?

Guys like this show just how little most people know about recruiting and who the coaches are really after.

Very little discussion on this guy and we're already in his top 3 without him stepping foot on campus.

Seems like an odd recruitment, but CRG is earning his keep by anyone's standards

VN Store

Back