4* player, 6'3" 205lbs., Pro-Style QB, high school junior,
Riverside Academy High School class 2A, Reserve, LA,
40-yd dash- 4.70
Shuttle- 4.21
Bench Press 285
Squat- 400
Vertical- 37"

Class of 2018

#4th Pro-Style QB & #35th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class. 38 TD's & only 7 INT's with 61% completion percentage & 2,132 passing yards during his freshman season in high school in 2014. QBR of 116.0 his freshman season as well.

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

EA 365 Sports

Schools of interest thus far are UT, LSU, Mizzou, & Texas A&M. Robert Gillespie is the scout assigned to this recruit from UT.

This kid was injured most of his sophomore season. He's putting up solid numbers though for his junior campaign but his freshman & 8th grade seasons were spectacular especially his freshman one.

Check the following Max Preps link to find stats for this recruit in 2016 & before: Jordan Loving's (Reserve, LA) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Last edited:
LSU. Once they hire a coach that actually likes quarterbacks....

Robert Gillespie is after him too. Of course, we're after Fields pretty hard. I would say Fields fits our offense better but read the summary from EA 365 Sports about this kid.

I sure wouldn't mind getting him if we can't get Fields. This kid is very close to becoming a 5* recruit & might either by seasons end or during his senior season.

One of the lesser known recruiting service in EA 365 Sports already has him as a 5* recruit but they're not top dogs in recruiting services.

Last edited:
if not DT...don't want...won't work...too slow....

GO VOLS!

Are you the same member that asked about DT recruits? I told you that if you'd look thru the recruiting forums you would see quite a few individual recruit threads for DT's from 2017-2019.

I don't know if you're the same member or not but just letting you know if you are. I told you the same thing from the other recruit that in which you asked the same thing. Thanks!

Pro Style QB for a Dual Option Offense?

Yep. That's what his description is because he has a gunslinger type arm. Not a Lawrence type arm but a very good arm & passer.

I mean 38 TD's & 7 INT with 2132 yards in his freshman season? That's some pretty significant throwing stats. He's really a true Pro-Style QB.

By the way, he isn't ranked by 247 or Rivals yet. I'm not sure who the ea365sports folks are, but that's probably a site more for coaches and handlers who are trying to get their player additional exposure, ie they take your money and give said player an "evaluation", send it out to various coaches/universities across the country...

Looks like a decent player but then again he's not playing tough competition and he's got a really wonky throwing motion. Not a good fit for the SEC IMO. Maybe good player for a lower tier D1 team.

So if Butch's offensive doesn't require a DT QB then why did he stop recruiting the #1 prospect in the nation who just so happens to play QB?

So if Butch's offensive doesn't require a DT QB then why did he stop recruiting the #1 prospect in the nation who just so happens to play QB?

The 2018 kid that veered away from us but has shown renewed interest? Don't think he did.

Guys! Did you see his stats that he put up as a FRESHMAN? He was injured as a sophomore. He is having a decent junior season but not great. He's said from 247 that he's still not actually 100%. He suffered a pretty nasty injury his sophomore season.

You're right Volunteer Kirby EA 365 Sports isn't one of the main recruiting services. They did a great overall summary of this kids skills though & for every recruit they have listed they do a solid summary of their skills & ability.

I'm sure all the other recruiting services will have his full profile with rankings by * & 247 Sports composite score posted by seasons end. He is a solid QB. I mean you just don't put up that type of numbers as a freshman QB & not be good. I already said that I feel like Fields would fit our offense better.

But, if we can't get Fields or Penix Jr. then it would be nice to have a solid QB like this Loving kid to have on our team. He's a 4* on the verge of being a 5* recruit.

I would be willing to think by the time 247 Sports puts up his full profile he will be ranked a 5* recruit just like this EA 365 Sports service has him ranked already. Thanks!

Last edited:
Also, wanted to bring up something else for 2018 in the QB area. We have only officially offered 5 QB's scholarships to 2018 QB's to date. They are:

1. Justin Fields
2. Michael Penix Jr.
3. James Foster
4. Trevor Lawrence
5. Gavin Schoenwald
(projected to be a TE)

Those are the only offers to date. That's why I say we need to consider going ahead & offering this kid now & not wait. Fields seems to have UT as his favorite but we can't hang our hats on that yet. With Schoenwald being projected as a TE that only leaves 4 officially with scholarship offers.

I don't think Foster is coming to Knoxville but Penix would certainly be a possibility. I think we just need to officially offer at least 2-3 more QB's to have available for those just in case situations.

I have I believe 13 total QB's listed in my recruiting thread for 2018. Of course, 9 of them are just listed because of our interest in them but not offered yet.

I'm no coach but the skills this Loving kid has even though Pro-Style I think we should lay a scholarship offer down to him. Thanks!

Last edited:
Also, wanted to bring up something else for 2018 in the QB area. We have only officially offered 4 QB's scholarships to 2018 QB's to date. They are:

1. Justin Fields
2. Michael Penix Jr.
3. James Foster
4. Gavin Schoenwald
(projected to be a TE)

Those are the only offers to date. That's why I say we need to consider going ahead & offering this kid now & not wait. Fields seems to have UT as his favorite but we can't hang our hats on that yet. With Schoenwald being projected as a TE that only leaves 3 officially with scholarship offers.

I don't think Foster is coming to Knoxville but Penix would certainly be a possibility. I think we just need to officially offer at least 2-3 more QB's to have available for those just in case situations.

I have I believe 13 total QB's listed in my recruiting thread for 2018. Of course, 9 of them are just listed because of our interest in them but not offered yet.

I'm no coach but the skills this Loving kid has even though Pro-Style I think we should lay a scholarship offer down to him. Thanks!

We have also offered Emory Jones and Trevor Lawrence as well

We have also offered Emory Jones and Trevor Lawrence as well

You're right. For some reason I was thinking they were 2017 recruits. Thanks for that. Emory Jones has already committed to Ohio State anyhow & Lawrence seems like a Clemson lock so I think it's safe to take them out but I will add Lawrence to the list above because he's not committed anywhere yet.

Last edited:

Provide proof that Butch stopoed recruiting Lawrence. Also, take into account the following QBs Butch has recruited: Hunter Johnson, Jack Sears, Bailey Hockman, Jacob Eason, Felipe Franks, Dwayne Haskins, Shea Patterson, KJ Costello, Jack Allison, David Cornwell, Josh Dobbs, Austin Kendall, Quinten Dormady, Drew Lock, Josh Rosen, Zack Gentry, Ricky Town, Deondre Francois. These are all pro style QBs coming out of HS. Butch has also offered many DT QBs as well. Butch doesnt need a DT. I think he just likes having a gikd mixture of QBs.

Reactions: 1 person
Provide proof that Butch stopoed recruiting Lawrence. Also, take into account the following QBs Butch has recruited: Hunter Johnson, Jack Sears, Bailey Hockman, Jacob Eason, Felipe Franks, Dwayne Haskins, Shea Patterson, KJ Costello, Jack Allison, David Cornwell, Josh Dobbs, Austin Kendall, Quinten Dormady, Drew Lock, Josh Rosen, Zack Gentry, Ricky Town, Deondre Francois. These are all pro style QBs coming out of HS. Butch has also offered many DT QBs as well. Butch doesnt need a DT. I think he just likes having a gikd mixture of QBs.

Great post. :good!:

would rather spend time on Lawrence.

Why spend all your time on a QB that's going to Clemson & has had his mind made up probably for quite a while? At least we offered him.

He just didn't want to be a Vol. Kind of like the Jacob Phillips situation which was a VFL until it came to recruiting him. He decided to go play elsewhere in Oklahoma.

We might not have recruited him hard enough but we don't really know that for sure. It's just a shame we couldn't reel him in to Knoxville.

Lawrence probably never has had us even in hip top 5 schools all throughout the process anyhow. I'm going to be shocked if he don't go to Clemson but if not he's headed to UGA anyhow.

Before Emory Jones committed to OSU he was the only one being mentioned by Hubbs, Fort, etc. It was noticed.

In this article that was posted 7 months, TL clearly mentions lack of relationship with the staff. How does the Tennessee staff not have a relationship with the #1 player in the nation who just so happened to grow up a Vols fan?

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...erall-no-1-prospect-says-two-schools-even-uga

Last edited:
Also, Mr. Bipolar, provide proof showing that I said Butch needs a DT QB? I want this staff to recruit TL! Thanks!

Guys! Did you see his stats that he put up as a FRESHMAN? He was injured as a sophomore. He is having a decent junior season but not great. He's said from 247 that he's still not actually 100%. He suffered a pretty nasty injury his sophomore season.

You're right Volunteer Kirby EA 365 Sports isn't one of the main recruiting services. They did a great overall summary of this kids skills though & for every recruit they have listed they do a solid summary of their skills & ability.

I'm sure all the other recruiting services will have his full profile with rankings by * & 247 Sports composite score posted by seasons end. He is a solid QB. I mean you just don't put up that type of numbers as a freshman QB & not be good. I already said that I feel like Fields would fit our offense better.

But, if we can't get Fields or Penix Jr. then it would be nice to have a solid QB like this Loving kid to have on our team. He's a 4* on the verge of being a 5* recruit.

I would be willing to think by the time 247 Sports puts up his full profile he will be ranked a 5* recruit just like this EA 365 Sports service has him ranked already. Thanks!

There are obvious concerns with his competition and throwing motion. Maybe it's just me but I don't like to see my QB telegraphing throws like that, looks sloppy and I'd guess it would be tough to re-correct that.

The point is, it's not a recruiting service for fans. It's for coaches, but more specifically, it's for parents or handlers that want to get their prospect more attention from universities and coaches. They pay this site X amounts of dollars to "evaluate" them and send their highlights, stats, evaluation, SAT/GPA, to various unis/coaches.

Kid could turn out to be a world beater, who knows. He's got some skills and showed good decisiveness as a freshman QB. If he's smart he'd hit the camp circuits next year and show his stuff. 5* though? You're putting the buggy before the horse there...

VN Store

Back