'17 AL LB Will Ignont (UT commit 10/26/2016)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
zbm8499hnlo9g4bssr0t

Buckhorn
New Market, AL
RR: 5.8
Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 241 lbs
Class: 2017

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2092

Will Ignont, Buckhorn, Inside Linebacker

Will Ignont - Hudl

Reactions: 6 people
Visitor this weekend.

"Yeah, it's interesting. Hearing he's looking closely at depth charts and Tennessee's is attractive to him compared to some of the other offers he has."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 14 people
He's looking at our lack of depth

I hope that is what it is and he truly is interested in playing here, because I am always a little hesitant to recruit a player from Alabama that has legit offers from Alabama and/or Auburn.

And if they do not have legit offers from them, I wonder if they are that good.

I hope that is what it is and he truly is interested in playing here, because I am always a little hesitant to recruit a player from Alabama that has legit offers from Alabama and/or Auburn.

Don't worry. He's pretty good. He's a 4* composite from 247 Sports with a nice overall score.

Joey Kent
Tee Martin
Fred Weary
Jason Allen

These are a few VFLs I can think of from Alabama.

Article on 247. On mobile or I would post quotes. He is VERY high on UT after his visit this weekend. Early playing time is a big factor for him, and he knows from watching us at LB that he could get a shot early.

He's narrowed it down to Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn, UCLA, and UT. He was silently committed to Bama at one point but has since backed off. Poster on 247 who lives in his community seems to think he will ultimately head to Auburn.

Reactions: 4 people
“It was great. I fell in love with it,” said Ignont, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 189 overall prospect and No. 6 inside linebacker in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class. “It was nice. I just liked the campus and the coaching staff, and Coach (Butch) Jones, he’s real cool.”

“(I liked) just how nice the facilities were and just how cool everybody was, as far as the fans,” Ignont said. “I’ve been to a lot of SEC schools, ACC — I’ve been all over the country — and Tennessee’s campus is, like, one of the prettiest I’ve seen. They’re high on my list, for sure. My list is real small, really. I was only looking at, like, there or four schools when I visited Tennessee. And I’m going to visit Ole Miss next weekend. Those two schools are kind of sneaking up there.”

“They were just telling me that I could come in and play, and Coach Thigpen thinks I’m one of the best linebackers in the country — one of the top linebackers — and that I can definitely come in and play, but I’m going to have to work hard. But I can definitely come in and get a starting spot,” Ignont said. (Thigpen) was really just talking about how they were down to their fourth-string linebacker right now, and he told me that I would have played Saturday — had I been at the University of Tennessee, I would have played Saturday in that game against Alabama. That’s just how low they are on guys.”

Ignont admitted the injury-depleted Vols’ favorable depth chart at linebacker is “why they’re high on my list,” and he said the chance to earn early playing time is “a huge deal” to him.

“I think I can go in and play somewhere,” he said. “I think I have the body and the size and the speed, and a lot of coaching would help. I think, if I can get with the right coaching staff and the right inside-linebackers coach kind of grooms my game, then I could just become the best player I can be, really.”

Said that he has two OV's left to schedule and that UT will likely be one of them.

Reactions: 4 people
After talking with Ignont and some people close to his recruitment, I definitely don't think he's an "Auburn lock." One person I spoke with even suggested LSU might be one of the teams to beat right now, and I think UT and Ole Miss have made a move recently.
Callahan

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back