Vertical 34.6"
Bench Press- 245
Squat- 325
Class of 2019

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

USA Today

UT is the only scholarship offered to date & it came today 10-5-16. Other schools of interest to date are Clemson, Bama, UF, Colorado, Michigan, Louisville, TCU, Vandy, & West Virginia. High school teammates with '19 TN WR Kendrell Scurry who has already committed to the Vols.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's the half brother of Nate Johnson who committed to Michigan last year. His other brother and is one of my good friends. I'll see if I can get some in side info on him. He's an explosive player whom I think will grow into a great prospect.

Reactions: 7 people
He's the half brother of Nate Johnson who committed to Michigan last year. His other brother and is one of my good friends. I'll see if I can get some in side info on him. He's an explosive player whom I think will grow into a great prospect.

This is what makes VN a solid resource. Thanks mang.

Reactions: 1 person

Well you definitely have plenty of time...

Butch pulling commits to get the heat off.

Yeah, that's just really not gonna work. Congrats though to the young man for committing to one of the great programs in the country and his state school.

Yeah, that's just really not gonna work. Congrats though to the young man for committing to one of the great programs in the country and his state school.

It might help if he could flip a few 4 star recruits for 2017

"Going to the Alabama game and seeing all the orange was just exciting. I was excited to be there and Tennessee has my major," Sheffield said.

Sheffield has been one of Independence's most lethal weapon this season as the Eagles have made their way to the 5A state championship game on Friday. The 5-foot-10, 160-pound receiver has recorded 758 receiving yards, 339 rushing yards and 16 total touchdowns through 14 games.

He sees himself as a good fit in the Vol offense. "Tennessee runs the spread offense and they use the slot and wide receivers a lot and I feel like I would be a great asset to the offense," Sheffield explained. "I feel like I get up the field quick and get the ball in the end zone and make big plays. I have good vision and run after the catch, too."

Sheffield is teammates with a fellow 2019 Tennessee commitment, Kendrell Scurry, and Sheffield said it was nice to think the two could continue lighting up defenses at the next level.

"He's been trying to recruit me a little bit, but ultimately my decision was with me and my parents," Sheffield said. "That's still pretty cool to think about. It's cool knowing you're going to college with a teammate.""I think we can be a great duo."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Boom! Welcome aboard! Must really like UT if he's committing with all that's going on. Gotta love it! But this kid and Scurry will be playing in the state championship game this weekend and it will be on TV. Not sure if it's Friday or Saturday though

This student athlete commitment isn't related to the Sheffield that went to Vanderbilt a year or so ago?

VN Store

Back