Class of 2018

2016 season stats:

17 receptions, 348 Yards, Avg. 20.5, 6 TD

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

Knox News

Blount Press Row
(2016 stats proof)(Ctrl-F for search & type Tykee for name results)

7 schools of interest thus far. Austin Peay, Louisville, Memphis, UTSA, & South Carolina are all scholarship offers to date. Clemson & UT are the other 2 schools showing interest to date.

This kid is having a breakout year so I'm sure interest & offers will be forthcoming very soon. He's big(tall) & he's fast with reports of running a 4.48 40-yd dash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Vols passed on a certain player out of Alcoa before. We all saw how that turned out. Get this kid and don't let it happen again.

Reactions: 5 people
To be fair, they passed on him as a QB (his preferred position), but did not pass on him entirely. Tennessee wanted him, just as a WR or DB. In fact, Fulmer finally caved and offered him a shot to compete at QB if he signed with Tennessee, but he already had his mind set on UK and honored that commitment.

In the end, he still became a WR.

Reactions: 5 people
Vols passed on a certain player out of Alcoa before. We all saw how that turned out. Get this kid and don't let it happen again.

I read an article that he's having a total breakout year. He didn't do too much as a sophomore. He's stepped up for Alcoa this year. He made one leaping grab against Maryville that people say was unbelievable to see.

It might even be in the highlights from the prospects video thread I have in the recruiting section. I'm going to check that thread & his highlights from that game to see if it's in there. Thanks!

Edit:
Yeah, it's in that highlight video. 1st highlight from the video from the Maryville game: Tykee Kellogg's video "Tykee Kellogg's highlights Maryville High School" | MaxPreps

Last edited:
Got a good friend who coaches defensive backs at Alcoa. I'll text him and see what's up with this kid.

Well that was quick... my friend said he is a very good kid and a great athlete. Said he believes Louisville and Memphis have already offered and Clemson and UT are showing interest but no offer yet. Said it's early he likes UT and camped there and did a good job coaches told him to keep in touch.

Reactions: 3 people
Clemson is deep in Tennessee because of Dan Brooks, our ex-DL coach under Coach Fulmer.

Played AAU basketball against his dad back in the day. And if I remember right dad is a Vol fan. Hope Tykee keeps improving and stays home. GBO

Hearing that Tennessee needs to pick up the phone when he calls. Having a little trouble there.

Well that was quick... my friend said he is a very good kid and a great athlete. Said he believes Louisville and Memphis have already offered and Clemson and UT are showing interest but no offer yet. Said it's early he likes UT and camped there and did a good job coaches told him to keep in touch.

If you didn't notice, I put that in the 1st post. It's towards the end of it after the recruit links. Thanks!

Thank you for your contribution to the board. Hopefully your friend can feed you some nuggets from time to time on Tykee's recruitment.

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you for your contribution to the board. Hopefully your friend can feed you some nuggets from time to time on Tykee's recruitment.

Ya I'll keep getting updates, I'll be going out next Friday to watch Alcoa play. I'll focus on him for sure. Also he said they have a couple freshman and sophomores that should be getting some major attention.

If it wasn't for Rogers and Higgins this kid would get a lot more attention, he's really good and really underrated right now. I've seen him a lot the past years, really hope we offer.

Reactions: 2 people
If it wasn't for Rogers and Higgins this kid would get a lot more attention, he's really good and really underrated right now. I've seen him a lot the past years, really hope we offer.

I would bet that we will be offering this kid & I haven't even seen him play. We already have interest. I'd say by seasons end or during the off-season UT will throw him an offer. Looks to have a lot of skills.

I would bet that we will be offering this kid & I haven't even seen him play. We already have interest. I'd say by seasons end or during the off-season UT will throw him an offer. Looks to have a lot of skills.

Heard that the Coaches need to answe the phone when he calls.

VN Store

Back