'17 FL WR D.J. Matthews (FSU Commit)

Rip Coby..
‏@dat_dj
Me and Coach Z gone shock the World I promise

Top-100 wide receiver D.J. Matthews of Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville, Fla., who has been committed to the Seminoles for more than two years, told GoVols247 on Thursday that he’s planning to take an official visit to Tennessee the weekend of Oct. 15 to attend its home game against Alabama, and sources said Matthews has continued to show legitimate interest in the Vols in recent weeks.
Some are skeptical of just how serious the 5-foot-11, 160-pound Matthews’ interest in Tennessee might be, but he made a post on his Twitter account Thursday that suggested that the Vols and wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni clearly are on his mind.
“Me and Coach Z gone shock the World I promise,” Matthews tweeted.

Reactions: 12 people
Yeah...he's been committed forever...surely Jimbo isn't going to take that LSU job? He has it made at FSU

He'd be crazy to, but it's been mentioned that he's unhappy about his assistant salaries at FSU. May be enough to get him thinking or get FSU to come off some money.

Reactions: 1 person
escalated.gif

Reactions: 4 people
He tweeted a few weeks ago that he's gonna play in the SEC. He also did the orange emoji just hours after tweeting that. Also has said "GBO" a lot since then... Hmmmmm

Reactions: 6 people
Rip Coby..
‏@dat_dj
Me and Coach Z gone shock the World I promise

Top-100 wide receiver D.J. Matthews of Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville, Fla., who has been committed to the Seminoles for more than two years, told GoVols247 on Thursday that he’s planning to take an official visit to Tennessee the weekend of Oct. 15 to attend its home game against Alabama, and sources said Matthews has continued to show legitimate interest in the Vols in recent weeks.
Some are skeptical of just how serious the 5-foot-11, 160-pound Matthews’ interest in Tennessee might be, but he made a post on his Twitter account Thursday that suggested that the Vols and wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni clearly are on his mind.
“Me and Coach Z gone shock the World I promise,” Matthews tweeted.

ForsakenCavernousBoa-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Makes it seem like he is already committed.

I could see Jimbo leaving, easier schedule at FSU but he may still have some property or house around Baton Rouge. Plus, it's the SEC, and maybe he wants the challenge. Both states have great recruits, and he has even more connections in Florida now. I see the benefit of playing only 1 good squad in Clemson every year, Lamar Jackson will be gone from L-Ville, Petrino is a good coach, they'll be legit contenders every couple years. Also, one loss SEC team will go over a one loss ACC team all day. Money for him would be the same at both schools, maybe little more for his Asses at LSU

I could see Jimbo leaving, easier schedule at FSU but he may still have some property or house around Baton Rouge. Plus, it's the SEC, and maybe he wants the challenge. Both states have great recruits, and he has even more connections in Florida now. I see the benefit of playing only 1 good squad in Clemson every year, Lamar Jackson will be gone from L-Ville, Petrino is a good coach, they'll be legit contenders every couple years. Also, one loss SEC team will go over a one loss ACC team all day. Money for him would be the same at both schools, maybe little more for his Asses at LSU

There's that...but sometimes coaches just have to feed that ego and think they are the one who can go in and overthrow Saban as King of the West

How much more are they in Baton Rouge?

I prefer to put in the work and get my asses for free.

He'd be crazy to, but it's been mentioned that he's unhappy about his assistant salaries at FSU. May be enough to get him thinking or get FSU to come off some money.

The ENTIRE staff and the AD got raises last month. Highly doubt that he's going anywhere. He and his wife spilt up and he has a sick child that he wants to be close to. I would love to have Matthews but this smells like silly season has just come 3 months early this year.

VN Store

Back