Cade Mays & Alontae Taylor a dynamic duo on recruiting trail for Vols

kamoshika

DSC_0037-1_atxjzt.jpg

Cade lives and breathes Tennessee football, so he’s the perfect pitchman for Butch Jones. “I just take pride in Tennessee football. Even though I’m not up there yet, I just take pride in it,” Mays said.

“When they lose it hurts me. You can ask Emil (Ekiyor). Last year when we lost to Florida, I called him and was distraught. It’s something I take pride in. I want to be a national champion, so I’m taking on that role trying to get us there.”

...Both Mays and Taylor have identified a ballyhooed bunch of targets, with prospects spanning the ’17, ’18 and ’19 classes.

During the Florida game, Taylor sat with nearly a dozen Tennessee 2017 commits, and the group made sure the surrounding top targets took notice. “We were out there recruiting,” Taylor said.

“There were times when we made a big play and we — I was sitting with all the 2017 commits in a big group — and we just turned around and looked at Deangelo Gibbs and threw our hands up like, ‘What’s up? What are you going to do.’ We pointed at Trey Smith and were like, ‘What’s up? It’s the place to be. Why not Tennessee?’”

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/smoke-signals

Reactions: 37 people
I think peer recruiting is such a huge thing now a days. It can mean the difference in a top 10 class and a top five class.

Reactions: 1 person
This kind of thing warms the cockles of my heart :)

Hey this is a family friendly place here buddy. You keep that kind of language in the Pub where it belongs.

Oh. You said cockles. Nevermind.

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks for posting the link at the bottom of your post kamoshika.

I've never been to seccountry.com & I liked very much of what I read about our 2017 & 2018 recruits.

TN Vols fans are hoping Trey Smith commits to the VOLS on Dec.6th.

DSC_0037-1_atxjzt.jpg

Cade lives and breathes Tennessee football, so he’s the perfect pitchman for Butch Jones. “I just take pride in Tennessee football. Even though I’m not up there yet, I just take pride in it,” Mays said.

“When they lose it hurts me. You can ask Emil (Ekiyor). Last year when we lost to Florida, I called him and was distraught. It’s something I take pride in. I want to be a national champion, so I’m taking on that role trying to get us there.”

...Both Mays and Taylor have identified a ballyhooed bunch of targets, with prospects spanning the ’17, ’18 and ’19 classes.

During the Florida game, Taylor sat with nearly a dozen Tennessee 2017 commits, and the group made sure the surrounding top targets took notice. “We were out there recruiting,” Taylor said.

“There were times when we made a big play and we — I was sitting with all the 2017 commits in a big group — and we just turned around and looked at Deangelo Gibbs and threw our hands up like, ‘What’s up? What are you going to do.’ We pointed at Trey Smith and were like, ‘What’s up? It’s the place to be. Why not Tennessee?’”

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/smoke-signals

Is it just me, but do Cade Mays and Trey Smith look like grown azz men?:)

Honestly, this is one of the biggest reasons I believe 2017 has suffered. Other than recruits needing to see results, we haven't had a 2017 kid really take the lead. In 2014 we had Vic Wharton and Todd Kelly really take the reigns and were all over social media. For the 2015 class, we had K-Mac and a few others. For 2016, Jarrett was a pretty vocal dude. I just don't see a 2017 guy really being all over twitter.

I think have Cade and Taylor be vocal for the 2018 class can hopefully get us back on track to securing another Top 5 class again.

Now this is what I like to see from our recruits. Guys who bleed orange on the recruiting trail. Party on Wayne!

VN Store

Back