Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pre-Game/Game Thread

nicksjuzunk

Coming home soon.
I'm a bit late this week, and honestly, short on time. I am not personally putting a lot of time into the research on this one, but Darth Shiveman has done some good leg work on UGA this week, so I'm borrowing heavily from him. :hi:

Keys to Victory:

1. Defensive Lockdown: The Vols have played excellent second half defense this season, but we have yet to see a full game. UGA QB Eason is a big boy and has a very strong arm. However, he's about as quick as a can of biscuits. He's been sacked 9 times already.

Nick Chubb is banged up with a sprained ankle, but Brian Herrien holds his own in the backfield. UGA has had major problems on the offensive line, and allows a ton of plays for negative yardage. Look for the Tennessee DL to have a big day, and force Eason to make throws under pressure. He hasn't seen anything like this yet.

2. Win the Special Teams:
I just spent some time looking at some stats of UGAs, and it appears we'll have a pretty big advantage this week in special teams. Their punter is only averaging 39.6 yards per punt. He has kicked 6 inside the 20 and 8 of his 22 have been fair caught, but his longest kick is 52 yards, so it looks like he's probably not the best at flipping field position.

Their kickers have struggled even more. They're 3/8 on FGs for the year. Neither of their kickers has hit from further than 29 yards out. They've missed from 52, 42, 23, 38, and 36 yards.

On kickoffs, 6 of their 20 have been touchbacks. One of their kickers has kicked 6/15 for touchbacks and the other is 0/5. They've given up about 22 yards per return (which isn't bad, considering the following) and one return TD. Berry should get an opportunity or two. Isaiah McKenzie is averaging 9.9 yards per return on punts, but one of those was a 55 yarder, so it kind of skews things. We will have to keep an eye on him though. - Darth

3. Try the early lead, for a change: The offense has gotten off to a slow start each game. Athens is going to be rowdy, and the UGA fans are concerned about a Tennessee team that has obviously turned the corner, but still think that they could win this.

Tennessee needs to score early, and often, sucking the wind out of the fanbase, and forcing UGA offensive coordinator Jim Chaney into a passing frenzy to catch up, which he prefers. Shoop gave Chaney fits when they were at Vandy and UT, respectively. I think this defense is going to be incredibly fun when playing with a lead for an extended period of time. Let's try it.

4. Full Throttle Offense:
Regarding the offensive philosophy of Tennessee, I think everything is on the table. Chad Kelly and Drew Lock have absolutely lit up the UGA secondary. Dobbs found his groove last week, and if he gets pressured, he'll have no problem shredding the Bulldogs with his legs. Last year against UGA, Dobbs went for 315 through the air, and 118 on the ground. Look for Dobbs to continue to roll out to create more time, and for the much improved Tennessee wide receivers to find space to play football.

On the ground, UGA gives up about 4 yards per carry, but they haven't faced RB's like TN... or Dobbs. Much like Florida's "best defense", that stat is about to get exploited.

Prediction: Since 2011, this game has been decided by 8 points or less. This is by far the best Tennessee team in that time frame, and the worst UGA team. In spite of the match-ups and what I see to be a clear advantage to Tennessee, I am predicting another close one, though the Vols should win handily.

TN 31
UGA 23

Reactions: 13 people
From what I saw in the Florida game, this offense really has been sandbagging with some vanilla play calling. We saw less rushing the ball and more passing. Threw the deep ball way more. I believe we'll see more of the same the rest of the season. I honestly believe Butch and Co. was waiting to unleash until the Florida game. After Saturday's showing from both teams, I'm way more confident going into this game. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
From what I saw in the Florida game, this offense really has been sandbagging with some vanilla play calling. We saw less rushing the ball and more passing. Threw the deep ball way more. I believe we'll see more of the same the rest of the season. I honestly believe Butch and Co. was waiting to unleash until the Florida game. After Saturday's showing from both teams, I'm way more confident going into this game. Go Vols!

What's really dumb about that if really true..Florida couldn't have a done a dern thing about it even if they knew what was coming.

Reactions: 2 people
What's really dumb about that if really true..Florida couldn't have a done a dern thing about it even if they knew what was coming.

I agree. dbu my a**.
Whether Butch wants to admit it or not, he was feeling the pressure to beat Florida this year. Checker Neyland, shaker Neyland, Gray unis, etc. He threw everything at this game. I hope we keep airing it out this season. Teams will stop stacking the box and ypc will pick up if so.

Thanks, Nick. Good job as always.

I think our emotion and their desperation keeps it fairly close.

UT: 34
GA: 21

I agree. dbu my a**.
Whether Butch wants to admit it or not, he was feeling the pressure to beat Florida this year. Checker Neyland, shaker Neyland, Gray unis, etc. He threw everything at this game. I hope we keep airing it out this season. Teams will stop stacking the box and ypc will pick up if so.

Now that Hall is back the line will gel week to week and get better. They got to grow up fast cause A&M and Bama right around the corner.

The offense seems to be better when Dobbs has a pick or two. It means we are more than likely cutting the offense loose. I've never seen anything like it.

UGA's D is nowhere near as good as UF's, but they are playing at home so we'll score roughly the same as last week. Their offense isn't as good as UF, especially up front and without a healthy Chubb.

UT 38
UGA 17

Reactions: 1 person
H0YFKFM.jpg

55-17 Vols

Reactions: 13 people
https://i.imgur.com/H0YFKFM.jpg[/IMG

55-17 Vols[/QUOTE]

Hey Ron,
Fellow Parks & Rec fan here.
Besides ur namesake and others on that show, I really liked that they could never get Jerrys name right.
He had terrible self esteem at work but a gorgeous wife at home. That cracked me up. :olol:
Anyway, I saw an ad on NBC for a new show from the same creators as Parks & Rec. can't remember the name of it.
But, will check it out. I hope it's funny.

Oh, by the way.
Vols 34
Pups 17

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back