Wow, no commits after Saturday's game??

I expect at least a couple that might pull the trigger this week for us. No guarantees of course but I think it will happen for at least a couple this week by Saturday or on Saturday.

Especially if we go on to whip the Bulldogs this Saturday. Maybe after that game we get a couple of commits if not before. That's if we can continue & defeat UGA like we did UF. Thanks!

Personally I prefer it that way. I like complimentary comments from players after games like that though. I often worry that kids that commit after a big game that every time they go to a school for visit if that team has big game then will they commit there too. Emotional commitments to me are often not solid.

Reactions: 11 people
Someone quickly committing based on the emotions of the game may not be the best thing. Emotions die down and decommitments happen. But, I'm sure the game helped us with them.

Kinda surprised actually. I figured after experiencing that game in Neyland, at least one or two would pull the trigger.

I have no idea what the numbers will allow. Some Juniors may declare for the draft. I am not even sure how many seniors we have this year. But last I checked we have 25 or 26 verbals right now.

As you know by now, between late September and NSD we can expect some to de-commit. And the 25 rule has been bent before, so it doesn't need quoting. But I think we might be at the point that we lose a commit before we gain one. JMO.

I saw most of them leave the stadium after the 1st half. Some doing Gator chomps. Not sure what that means?

If you look at Butch's track record, he tends to have more guys commit after we lose a big game than after we win a big game. Use the timing of commitments to be a boost in morale.

Granted, it's not like he's had a TON of opportunities after big wins.

I have no idea what the numbers will allow. Some Juniors may declare for the draft. I am not even sure how many seniors we have this year. But last I checked we have 25 or 26 verbals right now.

As you know by now, between late September and NSD we can expect some to de-commit. And the 25 rule has been bent before, so it doesn't need quoting. But I think we might be at the point that we lose a commit before we gain one. JMO.

That very well could be what happens with the 2017 targets/commits. Butch is going to let ~4-6 verbal commits go anyhow. However, that will come probably after NSD.

This will hopefully get us a top 10 signing class by doing this & gaining a couple of 5* recruits & a couple of 4* recruits to bolster our class ranking on NSD & dropping these few verbal commits thereafter or possibly even before for a couple of them. Tanks!

Its Tony's fault he messed up his signature move and threw "Tanks!" out there. We may never get another commit. Please tell me all is not lost!

Reactions: 1 person
I think we definitely will gain some ground on a few kids if we go into Athens and whip arse.... hoping we do and Gibbs is there to see the carnage...I'm still holding out that we have a shot at getting him, but we need to win the East to have a prayer.

Reactions: 1 person
That very well could be what happens with the 2017 targets/commits. Butch is going to let ~4-6 verbal commits go anyhow. However, that will come probably after NSD.

This will hopefully get us a top 10 signing class by doing this & gaining a couple of 5* recruits & a couple of 4* recruits to bolster our class ranking on NSD & dropping these few verbal commits thereafter or possibly even before for a couple of them. Tanks!

The boat is a little too full of 3*s, I get it, some 3*s will end up being great players, but damn. Also, last class had 1 4* LB and 1 3* LB who signed. This year's class has 2 3* LBs committed. 8 of the top 11 ranked LBs have not committed at this point, let's go get one.

I think we definitely will gain some ground on a few kids if we go into Athens and whip arse.... hoping we do and Gibbs is there to see the carnage...I'm still holding out that we have a shot at getting him, but we need to win the East to have a prayer.

Gotta think a win over UGA would at least have Gibbs thinking. Especially if the Dawgs fans act heinous at the game.

The boat is a little too full of 3*s, I get it, some 3*s will end up being great players, but damn. Also, last class had 1 4* LB and 1 3* LB who signed. This year's class has 2 3* LBs committed. 8 of the top 11 ranked LBs have not committed at this point, let's go get one.

I agree, but we might be a little more stocked at LB than we thought. Can't help it that we've had 3 long(er) term injuries at the position.

Do you guys think Tee Higgins will open his recruitment up after Dabo goes to LSU?😮

Dabo would be nuts to go to LSU. He already has everything in place where he is. Make no mistake, LSU is far and above "a better job" , but Dabo has turned a steaming pile into a stack of gold bricks and that move would be foolish.

Reactions: 4 people

So Butch is going to cut loose 4-6 commits after signing day?

Tony, you really don't get this whole recruiting thing.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back