sanddune50

CjU32exUYAEfPNU.jpg

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/17511
Saahdiq Charles, Madison-Ridgeland Academy OG - Scout
Saahdiq Charles, Madison-Ridgeland Academy, Offensive Guard
Saahdiq Charles - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

"The Big Ticket" - Saahdiq Charles highlights - Hudl

Per P Fort

Tennessee has made the state of Mississippi more of a priority in the class of 2017 and so far that's paid dividends with the commitments of wide receiver Jordan Murphy and tight end Chase Rogers.

But, the Vols are hoping to land a few more prospects from the Magnolia State in the cycle and that includes newly offered offensive lineman Saahdiq Charles.

The Jackson, Miss., lineman is committed to LSU, but he's interested in the Vols, and has heard from friend and five-star running back, Cam Akers, about Tennessee.

"First of all, me and Cam are tight and I told him Tennessee looks pretty nice and then I got in contact with coach (Gillespie) and we stayed in touch for a while but then they didn't offer and I committed to LSU and I think that threw them off a bit," Charles recounted.

Reactions: 1 person
Hate this question but who gets dropped to get him,Trey Smith and (possibly) Akers in?

I think we take 27

IMO

We have some back counting?

It's my understanding that we only have 25 available scholarships for 2017 class. You'll know we're already at 24. That means one more plus Butch will allow ~3-5 commits to go elsewhere.

We should have between 4-6 players to sign besides what we already have committed & the ones we allow to go.

Trey Smith has to be priority #1 to me. If we can get Cam Akers out of the ones that leave then that would be great too. That would leave at most 4 more spots unless Butch does decide to allow more than 3-5 commits leave/go.

I don't think he will though. Some have guessed 10+ recruits but that's too much & would make him look bad especially a storm for the media.

It would be hard to pick which 4 recruits we would want if it turns out that way. Butch is known for pulling off something on NSD.

I feel like that's going to happen & we get at least one 5* recruit on NSD. Add to that maybe three 4* recruits & that should get us a top 10 class.

It's not going to be easy though for Butch that's for sure. I have confidence in him though. He's a great recruiter. Thanks!

Per Hubbs

And you have to wonder how the shakeup at LSU has affected Saahdiq Charles. He should have plenty of options now that Les Miles has been fired from LSU and the Vols are hoping to be a legit one.

Reactions: 2 people
We need all this sip boys! Build that pipeline. My oldest will be class of '22. If he is anything like his dear old dad, he will be built like a LB or SS.

VN Store

Back