Harrisburg, PA (Central Dauphin)
Strong-Side Defensive End
Ht: 6-3
Wt: 235

Micah Parsons, Central Dauphin, Strong-Side Defensive End
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/1868
Micah Parsons - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
Micah Parsons, Central Dauphin SHS DE - Scout

Committed to Penn State in February. He received a UT offer yesterday (9/6/16).

Reactions: 2 people
Five-star junior defensive end Micah Parsons of Central Dauphin High School in Harrisburg, Pa., a Penn State commitment, posted on his Twitter account Tuesday night that he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee.

"Extremely blessed to receive an offer from the University of Tennessee #vols," he tweeted.

The 6-foot-3, 235-pound Parsons, who has been committed to the Nittany Lions for more than six months, holds offers from more than a dozen schools, including Southern Cal, Alabama, Michigan, Florida State, Nebraska, West Virginia and N.C. State.

Hopefully Shoop has a connection and some pull with this one down the road.

Visiting for UF game this weekend.

"He and Cade Mays are pretty tight. Vols more of a factor than some know."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 6 people
I can't believe we didn't ask if he was related to Allen.

"The stadium, the atmosphere and the fans," Parsons said. "No one gave up and the team rallied behind their line who came up big in the second half. They have great facilities and I thought Tennessee was a great place. I was very impressed."

A big reason for the visit was 2018 Vol commitment Cade Mays. The two have become good friends on the recruiting circuit and Mays is constantly working Parsons. "It means a lot," Parsons said. "I told Cade already that the only way I would come to Tennessee is because of him because I know he would make me better. I'm still committed, but he is still working on me and I have a long way to go."

"I will definitely come up here for another visit," Parsons said. "I was very impressed. I wasn't impressed by a lot of schools through the process, but I was with Tennessee. I met coach Jones and coach Strip and they are all really nice people. Tennessee definitely stands out with a place in my heart."

"It was crazy how loud it was," Parsons said. "You had to speak at a different level that you would lose your voice. I was surprised. My favorite was the 4th quarter. It was touchdown after touchdown. Josh Dobbs turned up and I thought that was amazing."

-VQ

#1 WDE in the Nation, #15 overall, per Rivals. #2 SDE and #5 overall nationally per 247.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back