Bench Press- 335
Squat- 505
Vertical- 23.5"

Class of 2018

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

UT has now officially offered on 2-28-17. #10th OT & #104th ranked recruit overall in 2018 class.

Last edited:
Unije in a recent interview with a Florida Newspaper was asked about his recruitment status. He told the newspaper that "I'm so blessed to have received all the offers that he has to date. He is working hard to get better with his footwork on the offensive line. That's what I've been told that I need to improve on more than anything."

The reporter asked if he had any schools in mind even though he's two years away from graduating. Unije responded by saying "he will probably narrow his school search down to 5 schools or less in the spring but right now he has at least 10 schools that he really likes. He said his favorite right now probably is Alabama but in no means are they locked in for my decision.

I also like Coach Butch Jones & his staff at UT. They have kept in contact with me regularly ever since offering me a scholarship. Probably more so than any other school that has offered me. I'm just going to keep working hard & get better at what I need to continue working on."

Tony, can you increase your font size? I'm having trouble reading your threads. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 people
Who plays against IMG? How do they find teams to play them? Are they in state teams?

So messing with something is good? Asking for a friend who is old and out of touch. TIA. :hi:

Are you referring to me? I ask because I am old and out of touch...

...and have absolutely no clue what that tweet means.

Are you referring to me? I ask because I am old and out of touch...

...and have absolutely no clue what that tweet means.

I don't know! I just want the dang kids to stay off of my lawn with their hoopties and their skinny pants.

Reuben Unije‏
@RUnije
I'll be visiting Tennessee tomorrow😋 ⚪️🔶 #GoVols

Reactions: 6 people
“I just wanted to come visit Knoxville again. I love it up there,” he told Volquest. “The coaches wanted me to come. I came up, spent time with coach Wells. I watched the scrimmage and had dinner with coach Thigpen and coach Wells. Saw the new dorms that they put up. They’re good.”

Unije was not on the IMG barnstorming tour that went to Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson and Tennessee in early March, but he attended Tennessee’s spring game last season and holds the Vols in high regard. During his visit over the weekend, he had a chance to speak with linebacker Quart’e Sapp about the coaching staff and watch some of Tennessee’s scrimmage. “He’s from my area in Georgia, and he told me, ‘They’re good. But when you come just be prepared to work.’”

His takeaways on Saturday’s scrimmage? “Their defensive is going to be nasty. But their offensive line could use a lot of work,” Unije said. “I saw an (opportunity) for myself.”

Unije has as clear-cut checklist for wherever he opts to play in college, focusing on “my connections with the coaches. The environment, and just to see if I have a connection with the alumni that they have. I want to talk to the players to ask them to give me a candid review of the coaches.”

The future early enrollee doesn’t have any favorites just yet, but Unije admitted Alabama and Oklahoma currently stand out “only because I have a better connection with those coaches.” Tennessee is still a factor, though, and Unije hopes to visit again sometime this summer or fall. He knows he’s a wanted man in Knoxville. “They said they want me really bad,” Unije offered. “That I can play really early there.”

-VQ

[twitter]https://twitter.com/RUnije/status/856166291190808576[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/RUnije/status/856166291190808576[/twitter]

I hope he's thinking seriously about committing to Knoxville when he says it's got him thinking now. Vols are ready for you & would welcome you aboard the Vol train big dog. :wink:

Looks like he might be putting us high on his board. He's a 4* composite from 247 Sports. He's a definite take. Top 20 ranked in OT's. No way we could pass him up if he was to want to become a Vol.

You really don't know if he's a definite take. Callahan stated he may not be that high on the board. Thanks!

Reactions: 7 people
You really don't know if he's a definite take. Callahan stated he may not be that high on the board. Thanks!

Look at his profile on 247 Sports. We are tied with 3 other schools in the "warm" category. How can you say he's not high on our board going by that? It's written right there for you. Thanks.

VN Store

Back