100m- 10.95
400m- 50.0
Vertical- 38"

Class of 2018

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Max Preps

UT has offered along with Auburn, Southern Miss, Coastal Carolina, & Wake Forest to date. #45th ATH & #478th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

don't see much offensively from his film.. looks like a decent weakside LB if he can add some pounds

Was on campus for O&W game...

We didn't get a chance to talk to Jibunor in ATL because he got there a little late after staying Saturday night in Knoxville. I know he brought a big family contingent with him to see UT. He's certainly worth a good update. Auburn is the leader here but we'll see what he says post UT visit.

-Simonton

Reactions: 2 people
Richard Jibunor

Recruiting wrap: Jibunor’s offer list is long and distinguished. Notre Dame recently offered. He also holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and others.

Performance: Jibunor has a nice build. And while coverage down field against small running backs probably isn’t his strong suit, he held his own during one-on-one work. Jibunor stood out in drills and showed an ability to move laterally with ease.

3-star OLB Richard Jibunor, Athens Christian (Athens, Ga.): The best story of the 2018 class goes to Jibunor who evaded a religious crisis in Nigeria. Little did he know that move would turn him into one of college football’s most coveted defensive prospects. He has major love for linebackers coach Travis Williams and defensive line/associate head coach Rodney Garner. We expect those connections will elevate Auburn over Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida, Tennessee and others.

3-star OLB Richard Jibunor, Athens Christian (Athens, Ga.): The best story of the 2018 class goes to Jibunor who evaded a religious crisis in Nigeria. Little did he know that move would turn him into one of college football’s most coveted defensive prospects. He has major love for linebackers coach Travis Williams and defensive line/associate head coach Rodney Garner. We expect those connections will elevate Auburn over Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida, Tennessee and others.

That sucks. He's this year's Chandler Wooten in that state.. Highly underrated and a far better prospect than his ranking.

Was going to hold this until tomorrow but will add in chat tonight for a teaser: DE/OLB Richard Jibunor will visit Tennessee this Saturday for OCD. Also brought his whole family to the spring game.

Vols are in thick of it for Jibunor — 2-team race with them and Auburn.

- Simonton

When I talked with Jubinor last month he made it pretty clear that Tennessee was going to be a finalist even before he knew what his final list would look like. Not saying he's a lock or anything but don't think there's any doubt they're in deep there.

- Rob Lewis

- Simonton

Oh that's great news. This kid is a potential beast. One thing, I've learned lately, Montrell Hardy knows his sh!t. So if MH likes him, he is worth checking out and 99% of the time, I agree with him. This kid would be a huge get.

Reactions: 1 person
The kind of big LB, I love. Would make, potentially losing Peters, no big deal. Especially considering, Peters has grade problems. Hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but these African kids never have grade problems.

"It is really close for me right now," said Jibunor. "I have Auburn and Tennessee at the top of my list and I like both of those schools a lot. I am still looking at a few other schools, but those two are on the top of my list."

"I have been to Auburn many times now and the coaches, the environment and everything fits me well. They have great players coming in, their facilities are amazing and they make me very important to them. "I sat with coach [Gus] Malzahn he knows how to talk to me and he really wants me to commit. I know he the Auburn coaches like me a lot."

"Some things are the same with Auburn and Tennessee, then a few things are different, but the coaches at Tennessee make me feel special," said Jibunor. "Me and the coaches talk hand-in-hand, we get along well and I have strong relationships with them.

"The thing about Tennessee is, I have liked them for a very long time because it was the first SEC school to offer me. So when they came on me before anyone else did, it gave them an advantage.

"I was thinking early on that I would be going to Tennessee. I thought about committing to them for about that first month, so they kind of got a little head start over other schools with me."

A decision is coming fairly soon. Either in July or early in August, Jibunor plans to make his decision. He is putting a lot of thought into it and he is currently going back and forth.

- Rivals

He's planning visits to UF and Bama before deciding.

Reactions: 1 person
I know it is said a lot, but our staff is great at early evals and getting offers out to kids. Clearly that made a difference here. Hopefully it will lead him to be a Vol.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back