4_3852078.jpg

P.J. Mustipher

4* player, 6'5" 285lbs., DT, *.9739 composite score, junior year in high school
McDonogh High School, Owings Mills, MD

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Max Preps

UT has offered. #4th DT & #44th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
A recruit from the Mustafar system? Execute order 66.

Reactions: 4 people
“I visited last year for the Vanderbilt game and it was just a trip because they offered me my freshman year. Me and my dad wanted to see a game and atmosphere and talk to the coaches and see what Tennessee was about," Mustipher said. "We had a really nice time so we wanted to get back up there. "We decided that the Alabama game was one we wanted to get to and we wanted to talk to the coaches and see that atmosphere. We got to see everything they had to offer and it was nice getting back down there."

"They definitely said they need me and they would love to have me down there because they really want a three-technique that can pass rush like I can and can defend both the run and the pass," Mustipher said. "They were telling me that and the coaches told me they were excited and thrilled to have me down there but I really got to see everything. The environment was crazy. I don’t know if anybody can match that. The fans, all the love they show. I just got to see Tennessee, really. "That relationship is definitely being built and just gets stronger as time goes on."

“I don’t visit anywhere twice that I don’t want to go to. Tennessee is definitely up there. I don’t have a list of top schools or anything," Mustipher said. "But, Tennessee is up there. I just have to get my mom down there so she can check out the place. It’s just been dad and me these last two times. "My dad loves it. He’s always talking about Tennessee and just the crazy environment they have. It was another great trip and I can’t wait to get back down there."

"Right now my main focus is on my football team right now. I want to win every game from here on out so my main focus is leading my guys. The recruiting process will take care of itself. I can’t control that but I can control how I work on the field and in the classroom. I’m not rushing anything with that. If I can commit early I will, that’s my goal. If not, I will just take my official visits."

-VQ

Worth noting that he has an older brother that plays for Notre Dame.

Reactions: 8 people
Want.

We've got to keep finding and prioritizing these DMV area defensive tackles. Gaddy and Crosby are two really good prospects. I like that we are targeting these DT's from this area. DT kids in the south are verrrrrrry tough to land. So highly contested by every school in the region. This is a great recruiting tactic. It's hard to land DT prospects from Georgia, Florida, Bama and Louisiana. We really need to keep having success in the Carolinas and DMV region.

Despite UT's less than stellar season Mustipher says UT is still in his top 5 schools as of right now.

PJ MUSTIPHER

Defensive tackle

6-6, 285 pounds

McDonogh School, Owings Mills, Md.

247Sports Composite rating: Four stars (0.9690)

A top-100 prospect, Mustipher has been high on Tennessee since attending its home game against Vanderbilt in November 2015. He returned to Knoxville in October for the Vols’ game against Alabama. Notre Dame, Alabama, Ohio State and Penn State are believed to be among the other contenders for Mustipher. Notre Dame is the favorite on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 5 people
Deciding soon...

One source told 247Sports on Monday morning that Tennessee is in a great spot. Mustipher has been to Knoxville several times including earlier this spring.

“Coach Butch Jones, Coach Hoke, I’ve spent a lot of time with them,” Mustipher said. “They had a whole dinner set out for me and my family and told me they want me and need me and they want me to come in and change that three-technique and that inside d-tackle spot.”-247

Reactions: 6 people
Deciding soon...

One source told 247Sports on Monday morning that Tennessee is in a great spot. Mustipher has been to Knoxville several times including earlier this spring.

“Coach Butch Jones, Coach Hoke, I’ve spent a lot of time with them,” Mustipher said. “They had a whole dinner set out for me and my family and told me they want me and need me and they want me to come in and change that three-technique and that inside d-tackle spot.”-247

Attachments

• Trump.jpg
    Trump.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,144
Reactions: 2 people
Wiltfong says he's close to flipping his CB to Penn State on this one, sounds like we are maybe in 2nd place.

If we get this kid, with Lawless snd possibly Litaker and Emerson, it's over. Our DL will be set for years.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back