'19 KY DT Jacob Lacey

4_4570114.png

Jacob Lacey

4* recruit(Scout), 6'2" 290lbs., DT,
South Warren High School, Bowling Green, KY.
Bench Press- 295
Squat- 475
40 yd dash- 5.10

Class of 2019

247 Sports

Scout

Hudl

Rivals

UT has offered along with 4 others schools at this time. #4th DT & #37th ranked recruit overall in the 2019 class.

Last edited:
First of all that was the loudest and most amazing atmosphere I've ever been in especially the second half," Lacey said. "Based on last year I thought the team was in real trouble after a 21-3 halftime score. This is definitely a different team from the past, they probably lost this game last year. Coach Jones has this team believing. I got to go to the locker room after the game and those guys were very happy and I think relieved. Coach Jones was all smiles as was Coach Strip. Again that crowd the second half carried the Vols. Truly amazing! I'll be back soon!"
-Wiltfong

Reactions: 5 people
Wow, did not realize he was at the game. That's huge. He's going to be a major recruit. I figured it was pretty much a Louisville / ND battle for him from all I had heard.

Reactions: 1 person
Has anyone heard anything on this kid? I live right outside of BG and would like to know what is going on with him. Thanks.

Has anyone heard anything on this kid? I live right outside of BG and would like to know what is going on with him. Thanks.

Maybe we should be leaning on you for info :) It would be nice to get information on someone who may have a chance to see him play.

Go to either my thread that has prospect video links(http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/260975-prospect-video-links.html) or go to MaxPreps & look for any updated highlights on him.

I might see what I can find for you but you need to go to my thread first & then MaxPreps website & type in his name or use Google + Jacob Lacey to get his link to MaxPreps. There should be updated highlights or something. Thanks!

"As soon as we got there we were greeted by coach (Brady) Hoke," Lacey said. "After that, we got together with coach (Walt) Wells and we toured the facilities a little bit. I talked with coach Jones and he said he liked that I had gotten bigger. They told me they are coming after me hard. I got to talk to coach Strip even though he isn't the main defensive line coach."

"I think that was a great idea to keep coach Strip around," Lacey said. "He' a really cool and dedicated person. So the fact he stayed around is great and coach Hoke is a really good coach so I'm glad he is there."

In charge of his recruitment from the Tennessee side is new offensive line coach Walt Wells. Wells family still lives in Bowling Green from his time at Western Kentucky. "His daughter goes to Greenwood which is right beside my house," Lacey said. "We have a good relationship and it's like he is already my coach. We joke around and he is really cool."

"There is no reason to not like Tennessee," Lacey said. "Their facilities and the coaches and just everything about them. It feels like a family there and they work hard and don't take shortcuts. They do the best they can."

Louisville, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Penn State and Clemson are all pushing to get him on campus. He will be at Penn State this weekend and will see Clemson next weekend. "I want to know the real sides of each coach," Lacey said. "I feel like I have that feeling with Tennessee. They are the same people all the time and they are real. They will get into you as coaches, but they care about their players."

-VQ

Vol. Is it me or does Wells seem to have connections to half the kids we're recruiting?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Wells certainly is generating a lot of positive buzz on the recruiting trail. Makes me wonder why it took him so long to get a shot at a Power 5 job.

Maybe it's just because he's so goofy lookin?

-VQ

Vol. Is it me or does Wells seem to have connections to half the kids we're recruiting?

It is interesting that Lacey goes to South Warren when he lives next to Greenwood. There are a lot of kids in Bowling Green that go to schools other than the district that they live in.
That has enabled South Warren to build a quality program in a very short amount of time.
Wells is going to be very helpful in getting any SC Kentucky players, in addition to the Nashville area players, due to his time at WKU and his family still living there (although I would imagine that they would now move to Knoxville area).
I did not make it to any South Warren games this past season, but will make it a point to attend several next year. Hopefully UT can pull Lacey in. Maybe a few of the insane UK fans in the area will switch their allegiance to UT in support of Lacey.
I thought UF fans were annoying when I lived in FL, but after moving to Kentucky and being around UK fans, the UF fans don't seem so bad.

He's at a Clemson camp and I don't know about you guys but that looks like a Tennessee Orange shirt to me :)

kt4giaditk1tutisregg

Reactions: 2 people
He's also giving that coach a "wtf are you talking about" look. lol

He's at a Clemson camp and I don't know about you guys but that looks like a Tennessee Orange shirt to me :)

kt4giaditk1tutisregg

"Son, we like to stick our fingers up the opponents butthole before they get up between plays. It's a Clemson thing and you can be a part of it."

Reactions: 12 people
Article up on Clemson rivals, taken with a grain of salt because it's from their writers but sounds really good if you're a Clemson fan. The writer says he's going to shut it down soon and might commit before his junior season starts. Sigh.

Really want this kid to be a Vol.

Article up on Clemson rivals, taken with a grain of salt because it's from their writers but sounds really good if you're a Clemson fan. The writer says he's going to shut it down soon and might commit before his junior season starts. Sigh.

Really want this kid to be a Vol.

Well, if he does commit to Clemson I hope Hoke still stays on him the next two years. It's a long time until he signs on the dotted line.

From a poster on VQ...

I live in Bowling Green KY and just ran into Jacob and his dad walking into O'Charleys. Jacob was decked out in Vols gear from head to toe all the way down to the key chain. Might not mean a lot but sure seems like a good sign

Please be true.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back