19 KY DE Stephen Herron

Fingers posted it in the tweets thread but there's wasn't an individual thread for him yet. He's supposed to be visiting us this coming weekend too.

From a Rivals article about his recent Michigan offer/visit...

"Next on the schedule, Herron will be looking to visit as many of the schools that offered him in the spring as possible, and he plans to head west in the summer to see Oregon, USC and UCLA. His most recent visit went to Tennessee – a school he was already very familiar with – this past Saturday.

“Seeing Brady Hoke come in as the new d-line coach is different because I had a great relationship with Coach Strip (Steve Stripling), but we’re going to have to just develop that relationship and it shouldn’t be any different,” Herron said.

“I still love Tennessee and I was the only kid they pulled out to talk to Coach (Butch) Jones before he left. That let me know where I am on their priority list as far as 2019 kids.”

Other recent offers for Herron have come in from Georgia, Purdue, Mississippi State, Oregon and Syracuse."

Reactions: 1 person
The top-50 sophomore defensive end from Trinity High School in Louisville, Ky., returned to Tennessee on Saturday for the third time since June to attend its junior day, and he said the Vols still “have a special place in my heart” following his latest trip to Knoxville.

“Tennessee has a special place in my heart, so from time to time I love to get back to Rocky Top and just really experience the fan base and coaching staff,” said Herron, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 15 overall prospect and No. 2 weakside defensive end in the 2018 class. “This new coaching change is definitely going to be different, but I still love Tennessee. They have a special place in my heart, so nothing really changes as of now. After September 1, when coaches can contact me, we’ll see how things change.”

“I got to meet Brady Hoke, so that was a big plus,” Herron said. “Before coach (Butch) Jones left — he had, I guess, a meeting to be at — he took me in there and I got to talk to him for a few minutes, and I’d never really gotten to do that. That really shows me their priorities when it comes to me. Tennessee has a special place in my heart, so from time to time I love to get back to Rocky Top and just really experience the fan base and coaching staff. … Having to develop this new relationship’s going to be tough. But I’m going to have to power through it, because I still find Tennessee to be a very high school.”

“We talk every week,” Herron said of Stripling. “I talk to every coach every week, but we really had a special bond. He was the first coach to really display interest in me. It was definitely a little heartbreaking when I found out he wasn’t going to be my coach.”

Hoke, however, made a good first impression on him last weekend.

“That was my first time getting to talk with him in person, so it was definitely a good experience,” Herron said. “He’s definitely a very intelligent coach and really knows the game, so I’m eager to learn from him.”

- 247 (Callahan)

He wants to be committed no later than next Christmas and possibly before his senior season.

- 247 (Callahan)

He wants to be committed no later than next Christmas and possibly before his senior season.

Sounds like if we have a good season and are able to keep Butch around we have this one locked up. :eek:k:

VN Store

Back