'18 TX S Joshua Moore (Texas transfer)

“They hit me up all the time. It’s coach Z, coach Cox, coach Cox are all showing me a lot of love,” Moore said. “That means a lot that they are showing me that much love as a 2018 guy. Like, when they could start messaging me they told me I’m one of their top guys in 2018 and that means a lot.

“I sent them my film and we ended up talking and they were telling me how interested they were in me and I started to do some research on them and it turns out they’re a perfect fit for me. They have everything I’m looking for in a school plus the coaching staff is great. That’s what caught my eye the most.”

“I love how they use their receivers. And then everything about he university is great, both on the academic side of things and the athletic side,” Moore said. “It’s everything I’m looking for in a school, like the academic system, they don’t have any receivers in my class committed right now besides Alontae (Taylor). So, if all else goes to plan I may end up at Tennessee.”

“It could happen when I’m up there for the Florida game,” Moore said. “I haven’t been up there to see the atmosphere or what game day is like and I haven’t seen the university yet, but when I see that, and if I like that, I could pull the trigger.”

Moore also has a talented brother, defensive back Jordan Moore, and he said the two have talked about playing together at the next level. “We talk about it a little bit but right now we’re about 85 percent sure we want to go to the same school,” Moore said. “But, nothing is set in stone and we do want to play together but things could change down the line.”

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
Top 2018 WR Joshua Moore calls Vols his leader, says he texts with Butch Jones almost daily. seccountry.com/tennessee/smok…

Jesse simonton tweet. RTd by Alontae Taylor.. Would be a great combo for that WR class

Reactions: 2 people
I lived in TX for 15 years have no idea where Yoakum is.

Little bitty place between Shiner and Cuero. Did that help? No? Ok, it's about halfway between San Antonio and Houston about 30 miles south of I-10. I drive through there occasionally. Not much out that way.

"I love how they use their recievers" ... guess he must like blocking all the time

BLUE FONT

Without question. They are both big-time prospects. P-Fort has been saying Joshua might be on commitment watch, but he's backed off that in the last week.

That's freaking awesome. Are we recruiting them both for offense or defense? Seems like one is ranked as a safety and the other is a corner, but Joshua is being recruited by us as a WR? Trying to get my facts straight.

Has a twin brother too. Wonder if this is the double commit Taylor referenced?

Sidenote: Texas kids are so fickle when it comes to out of state commitments. 14 months from signing day, I'd be surprised to see this one stick if he indeed pulls the trigger. Texas has not been too kind to Tennessee in that regard. Herman will get involved, I'm sure.

VN Store

Back