State of Tennessee loaded with even more talent in 2018

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Lotta talk about how great the 2017 class has been in-state and how we're not taking advantage of it.

Well guess what?

According to ESPN, the state of Tennessee is even more loaded with talent in 2018. ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

That's 11 ESPN 300 prospects from the state of Tennessee in the class of 2018. Including 6 in the top 100.

Compare that to 2017, where there are only 9 ESPN 300 prospects from the state of Tennessee and only 4 in the top 100. ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

And unlike 2017, we already have 2 of the top 4 in-state prospects for 2018 committed to Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Lotta talk about how great the 2017 class has been in-state and how we're not taking advantage of it.

Well guess what?

According to ESPN, the state of Tennessee is even more loaded with talent in 2018. ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

That's 11 ESPN 300 prospects from the state of Tennessee in the class of 2018. Including 6 in the top 100.

Compare that to 2017, where there are only 9 ESPN 300 prospects from the state of Tennessee and only 4 in the top 100. ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

And unlike 2017, we already have 2 of the top 4 in-state prospects for 2018 committed to Tennessee.

Does this do anything to your "UT has to win the NC this year or they never will." rhetoric?

Reactions: 5 people
For comparisons sake, the state of Louisiana has 12 players in the ESPN 300 for the class of 2018, only 4 in the top 100.

If the state of Tennessee begins to consistently produce talent like Louisiana, WATCH OUT.

We really need to start winning championships again RIGHT NOW. That way with our increasing talent, we can have kids in Tennessee growing up wanting to play for the Vols.

If that happens, we could build a national title contender largely on in-state talent like LSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Well guess what?

According to ESPN, the state of Tennessee is even more loaded with talent in 2018.

I bet that excites Dabo.

Damn him.

Reactions: 8 people
Does this do anything to your "UT has to win the NC this year or they never will." rhetoric?

Nope.

You saw how bad in-state recruiting is going this year.

If we want to close off our borders and keep most of our in-state talent at home, we need to win big this year to prove to them that we're an elite program.

If not they'll continue to leave us for programs like Clemson.

Reactions: 2 people
Got a good start with cade mays and alontae Taylor! That's 2 of those 11 players mentioned in the article. They are also top notch peer recruiters, so next years in state recruiting may turn out quite differently!!

Reactions: 1 person
At least it looks like the HS talent in TN continues to trend upward, majority of it is going to be always towards middle TN as that is where all the big growth is.

Hopefully the focus turns a bit more to locking down the TN talent. No reason for a lot of these guys not to be in Orange. Mend the fences. Make the state a priority. Get it done.

For the first time I think people are starting to question Butch's recruiting ability. Losing so many in-state players this year has cost him. He has to find a way to secure the borders like LSU has done.

Reactions: 3 people
I guess I'm not one of them. I don't question CBJ's recruiting ability. Not even sure why I should be. Are there people on here that think he will or should win every recruiting battle....whether they be in-state or out of state battles?

Seems a little absurd to me.

I guess I'm not one of them. I don't question CBJ's recruiting ability. Not even sure why I should be. Are there people on here that think he will or should win every recruiting battle....whether they be in-state or out of state battles?

Seems a little absurd to me.

I was going to say f'n brain damaged but absurd works.

For the first time I think people are starting to question Butch's recruiting ability. Losing so many in-state players this year has cost him. He has to find a way to secure the borders like LSU has done.

By people do you mean you vol 30 nationdom jr82 bucksnort et la?

Well guess what?

One of those player in Cade Mays may end up being one of the best if not the best OL that's ever played at UT.

Just like D4H said, the only way to do this is to WIN! Win the SEC East. Win the SEC Championship games. Win some national titles to boot. That will take care of in-state recruits wanting to play elsewhere.

VN Store

Back