Tennessee has #3 class according to RankbyOffers

Interesting that Missouri has the lowest SEC ranking at #65. I was expecting Vandy or Kentucky to hold the lowest spot.

Missouri is the new Vandy...they had their run and wouldn't doubt it'll be a long time before they recover...cornerstone coach left, upheaval in the athletic department, and just too much bad press...:thud:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
It seems this type of ranking will always follow a certain pattern based on region, talent in-state/nearby, conference, in-state/nearby competitors, the school's recent success, and the size of the class (25 is the max counted). It's always going to be a variation of ND, Florida, LSU, UGA, AU, Bama, A&M, Tenn, Texas, OU, USC, UCLA, Ohio St, Mich, Clemson, FSU, or Miami.

It's a neat, but worthless concept.

Worthless analysis

I wouldn't say worthless. Just as many Vols fans believe Butch & Co. pretty good at evaluating recruits' potential regardless of star ranking, Et. Al. Coach & Co. of the traditional powers, are too.

Of course, ranking a recruiting class by offer list based on this system is not the best, but I think it deserves every consideration. In any given year since the beginning of football recruiting, do you think coaches didn't watch the competitions offer list like a hawk; even now, flipping whomever they might to fit their needs? Before the 85 man limit, coaches -Bear Bryant in particular- would offer everyone with any talent because he'd rather they ride the pine for him than accept your offer and see the field.
Yeah, offer lists have value. Not the most, but right up there.

I think the concept has merit. The underlying premise is that CF coaches are better evaluators of talent than sports writers or sports geeks at sites like 247 or rivals. The proof will be in the results. If you read how they quantitate the offer lists it appears to be a pretty sound model. I certainly wouldnÂ’t dismiss it out of hand.

Reactions: 6 people
One thing not mentioned is the fact we already have 23 committments. At lot of schools have far fewer which means they will pass by UT as they sign more recruits in this and every other recruiting site.

Reactions: 1 person
One thing not mentioned is the fact we already have 23 committments. At lot of schools have far fewer which means they will pass by UT as they sign more recruits in this and every other recruiting site.

Exactly, this class, as it is, is a very big disappointment on NSD and maybe breaks into the top 25

Last edited:
We found out yesterday that the main services "rank by offers" as well.

Lewis was bumped immediately after our offer

I love the concept of the rankings

Reactions: 2 people
Definitely, interesting concept. 3* with strong offer sheets definitely makes you feel better than 3* w/ App. St, Ga Southern, etc. When Rivals ranking passes this ranking, we can obviously flip back to them as the "best evaluator" of a recruiting class...

VN Store

Back