Hattiesburg, MS
RR:
Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 194 lbs
Class: 2018

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/184918

Fabian Franklin, Hattiesburg, Running Back

Fabian Franklin - Hudl

Teammate of newest WR commit, Jordan Murphy. Franklin told VQ that UT is his leader after today's visit/camp.

Watch his film, it's really good.

Reactions: 6 people
We are his leader but he is committed to LSU??

Edit: it's way too late to be doing this. I'm a dumb. Sorry guys

Last edited:
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Franklin said both he and Murphy love Tennessee running backs coach and fellow Hattiesburg native Robert Gillespie, who’s their primary recruiter for the Vols.

"When I came on campus, I felt like I was at home," said Franklin, who also has visited Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgia and others this summer. "I’ve been to some nice places, but … yeah, Tennessee definitely felt like home."

Franklin didn’t come out directly and say the Vols were now the team to beat, but he left several less-than-subtle hints. "I’m still taking it all in, but Tennessee … I mean, I like Tennessee a lot. They made (an impression). I mean, before I came, I ain’t even know nothing about it, how it looked or anything like that. So when I came, I was like, 'Oh, man, I like this; I feel comfortable.'"

Elite 2018 running back prospect Fabian Franklin wowed by trip to see Tennessee Vols football

Reactions: 2 people
RG doing work! I mean first he helps us win the 2001 Florida game with his sub par rushing performance and now this!

Carlin, Akers, Chandler, Franklin. Running back is going to be so strong going forward. Add in JG and Jones, this offense will be one of, if not the best in the country

Reactions: 1 person
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Franklin said both he and Murphy love Tennessee running backs coach and fellow Hattiesburg native Robert Gillespie, who’s their primary recruiter for the Vols.

"When I came on campus, I felt like I was at home," said Franklin, who also has visited Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgia and others this summer. "I’ve been to some nice places, but … yeah, Tennessee definitely felt like home."

Franklin didn’t come out directly and say the Vols were now the team to beat, but he left several less-than-subtle hints. "I’m still taking it all in, but Tennessee … I mean, I like Tennessee a lot. They made (an impression). I mean, before I came, I ain’t even know nothing about it, how it looked or anything like that. So when I came, I was like, 'Oh, man, I like this; I feel comfortable.'"

Elite 2018 running back prospect Fabian Franklin wowed by trip to see Tennessee Vols football

"I ain't even know nothing"

I love the south. We've got so much awesome :)

Kendrick Paul 4⃣
‏@realtudda
Dream schools: 😩
Arkansas 🐗
Texas A&M
Missouri 〽️
Tennessee 🔶
Ole Miss 🔵🔴
Florida state 🍢
Baylor 🐻
LSU 🐯
Nebraska 🌽

Kendrick Paul 4⃣
‏@realtudda
Dream schools: 😩
Arkansas 🐗
Texas A&M
Missouri 〽️
Tennessee 🔶
Ole Miss 🔵🔴
Florida state 🍢
Baylor 🐻
LSU 🐯
Nebraska 🌽

9 dream schools.

Interesting.

jahmal wynter 5️⃣ 9️⃣
‏@Havo_c
Tennessee it was a blast...#vols #Volnation 1Up!!

CoERabdWcAA5pGp.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
Stopped just short of saying TN was his leader in the last article. We just keep stocking up on top running backs

“It was my first trip here and I really liked it. Honestly when I walked into the stadium and out on the field it amazed me because with other colleges I’ve been to it was kind of like, ‘this is as big as it gets,’ but when I walked up here it was like, ‘oh alright then,’” Franklin said in evaluating his visit. “Really, when I got on campus today it felt like I was at home.”

“I looking for a real good relationship with the head coach and then the running back coach. That’s real important to me,” he said. “Coach Robert Gillispie, he’s from Hattiesburg too, just like me, so that makes me even more comfortable here. He’s from my hometown and he’s the running back coach here. I knew about him playing for Hattiesburg high school.”

“I’m still taking it all but I like Tennessee a whole lot. They really made an impression on me today,” Franklin shared. “Before I came up here I didn’t really have any idea about how it looked or anything about the program. But getting up here today, I just felt real comfortable.

“I thought I would like it here, but I just loved it when when I came here. I like all these buildings and especially the stadium.”

- VQ

This is a great start in his recruitment. LSU and Bama have had their way for to long in this area. CRG is earning his paycheck.

I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention. This is a big time, borderline 5* RB who has named us his leader. Everyone would rather hang out in the Tee Highins thread?

I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention. This is a big time, borderline 5* RB who has named us his leader. Everyone would rather hang out in the Tee Highins thread?

Give it time. Once he names someone else his leader they'll be in here doom'n and gloom'n it up.

Reactions: 2 people
Give it time. Once he names someone else his leader they'll be in here doom'n and gloom'n it up.

So much truth in this statement.

Enjoy this thread while we can because as soon as this young man says anything slightly different than now the idiots will pour into this thread to spread their "opinions".

Well, to be fair this is a 2018 player. Unless it's a QB (they usually commit early) this guy has a long, long, long way to go in his recruitment and we probably will hear him switch his leader at least 2-3 times.

I'm really happy with the progress we have made so far, but it's hard to get invested in a kid who is at least a year away from making a decision, probably even longer.

VN Store

Back