Maybe I'm missing something

Vol-in-Atlanta

There may be something to the frequent complaint about "ESPN hating us." Below are our current recruiting class rankings. Which one stands out?

Scout #7
Rivals #5
247 Sports #7
Teamrankings.com #9
ESPN #20 (and that appears to be updated and includes this weekend's recruits)

Reactions: 6 people
Never forget that ESPN stands for...

Extremely
Stupid
People
Network

They have always and will always hate Tennessee.

Even they can't explain why.

When we Win another National Championship they will still hate us and try their best to downplay our National Championship...After they sell all the junk they can and cash in on us.

Rankings really mean nothing until the end of NSD.

How the kids play during their UT careers is all that really matters anyway.

Team rankings at the end of the season is what really counts anyway.

Team 120, climbing the rankings WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
There may be something to the frequent complaint about "ESPN hating us." Below are our current recruiting class rankings. Which one stands out?

Scout #7
Rivals #5
247 Sports #7
Teamrankings.com #9

I can understand if you want to discuss how the media treats certain schools, but come on man these are recruiting rankings. So do you actually believe if Georgia, Oklahoma, or OSU had our exact same class ESPN would bump up the ratings for specific players of a school they like?

Reactions: 3 people
I can understand if you want to discuss how the media treats certain schools, but come on man these are recruiting rankings. So do you actually believe if Georgia, Oklahoma, or OSU had our exact same class ESPN would bump up the ratings for specific players of a school they like?

Actually I have no idea how to explain it, or what to think......I know it's way too early, and everything will change, and players and schools will go up and down in the ratings - but apples to apples - all these other rating sites currently have UT in the top 10 and ESPN has us at 20.

Reactions: 2 people

Yes. But...
its-just-business-michael-corleone.gif

Scout #7
Rivals #5
247 Sports #7
Teamrankings.com #9

ESPN is extremely slow at updating it's team rankings. We were #20 before we got our flurry of commitments.

There's a good chance we're top 5 when they update.

Scout #7
Rivals #5
247 Sports #7
Teamrankings.com #9

If memory servers me correct, I believe the current team ranking with ESPN is the same as it was before the flurry of recent commits. Last I looked at ESPN late last week or may have been this weekend they were showing us at the same spot with 10 commits (of which 3 were ****) so whenever they update the Team Rankings we should crack their top 10 as well. ESPN now has TN with seven **** commits more than any other site. That being said, I think 24x7 is the best site overall for recruiting followed by Rivals.

ESPN is extremely slow at updating it's team rankings. We were #20 before we got our flurry of commitments.

There's a good chance we're top 5 when they update.

Thanks. That's what I thought originally, but then I saw they had our total recruits at 18. It's probably a glitch where even though they captured the number of total recruits, the rankings are dragging.

Last edited:
Why do we care though? We don't have to play ESPN, so what does it matter. There are no trophies for recruiting rankings. we are comparing kids that play in different states against different talent, it's a guessing game and stars mean nothing. How many 5 star corners would most schools trade for our 3* Cam Sutton?

Control the things you can. Win on Saturdays.

Reactions: 4 people
Why do we care though? We don't have to play ESPN, so what does it matter. There are no trophies for recruiting rankings. we are comparing kids that play in different states against different talent, it's a guessing game and stars mean nothing. How many 5 star corners would most schools trade for our 3* Cam Sutton?

Control the things you can. Win on Saturdays.

Win on Saturdays and nearly everything else will take care of itself

ESPN is good for watching games. Anything else they do is 100% worthless. When the game is over, turn the channel.

Reactions: 6 people
I think it's one of those things where the stats guys keep the lists and data updated, but the gurus only get together once or twice a week to "re-vote" the rankings (ESPN likes deciding things by committee). And they just haven't had a meeting to re-vote it since Orange Carpet Day.

Guys I'm so sick of hearing about ESPN hating Tennessee this is just pure b*******. They don't hate us or love us anymore or any less than anybody else out there. Yeah I know you want to drag up some old b******* about 1 color commentator making a comment about mobile homes. Get over it.

Reactions: 5 people
Guys I'm so sick of hearing about ESPN hating Tennessee this is just pure b*******. They don't hate us or love us anymore or any less than anybody else out there. Yeah I know you want to drag up some old b******* about 1 color commentator making a comment about mobile homes. Get over it.

Nioby beats the Scwab

ES-PC-N HATES US!! :tease2:

Who gives a rats whatever what they think. It has become a network of "Social Justice Warriors" anyway!

Last edited:

Scout #7
Rivals #5
247 Sports #7
Teamrankings.com #9

None of that has any real merit right now.

UT's star avg is 2.89 so far on Rivals. It has to be around 3.6 to stay in the top 10. A 2.89 avg probably doesn't make the top 30.

UT may be getting a bunch of "diamonds in the rough" but they aren't getting America's most wanted yet.

247 likes the class better but their 86.67 avg rating that UT's commits have now would land the Vols between 15-20.

Racist IMO.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back