obligatory who's next?

bignewt

The Scoffer Kid
Lab Rat
After the firestorm of Saturday, who do you think will be the next commitment?

It really suprised me that the Gaddy bros didnt pull the trigger Saturday.

Me too. I know one is a sure take and possibly both. I figured maybe with Lawson and now Bennett in Butch stepped back on taking both Gaddys and it's both or none as far as they are concerned. I'm hoping we end up taking both. Guys are ballers.

I wonder how many people are so busy fretting over Bennett being a 3* that they haven't realized a few things.

1) He won't turn 18 until December of his Freshman year of college. Still a lot of growing to do.

2) He's an Alabama legacy.

3) ^^^See above.....his dad is Cornelius Bennett.

Edit: 4) If we can keep him, we'll have a Bennett and a Mckenzie on the line together. Their dad's played against each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I wonder how many people are so busy fretting over Bennett being a 3* that they haven't realized a few things.

1) He won't turn 18 until December of his Freshman year of college. Still a lot of growing to do.

2) He's an Alabama legacy.

3) ^^^See above.....his dad is Cornelius Bennett.

Edit: 4) If we can keep him, we'll have a Bennett and a Mckenzie on the line together. Their dad's played against each other.

Alexis Johnson was the only DT we took in 2016 correct? Ideally we would have the opportunity to redshirt a guy as young as Bennett. But with our situation, that luxury may not exist. You are right he probably will play along with McKenzie for his first 2 years.

TJ Moore could be next. Posted on Twitter "Big news coming soon stay tuned!"

He told Callahan he was deciding this week.

Speaking of Bennett, might as well tackle the "elephant" in the room. If his recruiting explodes (and it could, he's only 16), does Bama call and does he answer? I don't know how close Bennett is to his alma mater.

VN Store

Back