'18 TN DB Brendon Harris (UT Commit 5/19/17)

Orange And Garnet

10776050_G.png

Safety
Chattanooga, Tenn.
Baylor

6'2" 185

Hudl

Picked up Clemson, LSU and South Carolina offers the last two days. He looks like he is on his way to being one of the top guys in state for '18.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
When this kid lines up at CB....he is Cam Sutton 2.0. This kid is gonna be really good.

Brendon is a nice young prospect. He is 1 of a few future #NPA studs. He commutes from Chatt ad was referred to us by former Vols LB Eric Westmoreland. He's probably going to project as a S due to size. He has nice feet and long arms.

Reactions: 3 people
A big week for the rising junior defensive back from Baylor School in Chattanooga, Tenn., ended with a trip to Knoxville on Thursday for the Vols’ latest camp, and while he came away without an offer from them, he made a good impression on Tennessee’s coaches while he was there.
“We just competed,” said Harris, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of Tennessee in the 2018 class. “We went with our position coach, and they just showed us a few techniques to do so, when we got to the one-on-ones, we’d compete well. And I feel like the competition was there, so it was pretty fun.
“They said that they were really impressed with, and they just want to keep in touch.”
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Harris, who added offers from LSU on Monday and South Carolina on Tuesday after landing his early offer from Clemson, said he enjoyed working with Tennessee defensive backs coach Willie Martinez and learning from Vols rising senior cornerback Cameron Sutton during Thursday’s camp.
“I watch their players all the time, so I got to see Cameron Sutton, and then I got to see what (Martinez) teaches him,” said Harris, who worked at cornerback during Tennessee’s camp but is being recruited by Clemson as a projected safety.
“I watched his game, so I got to see what he teaches him, and then he taught us, so I got to implement that into my game. I feel like I learned some stuff from him that I could take away.”
After the camp, he said he talked with Tennessee coach Butch Jones and Martinez, who both indicated that the Vols want “to build a relationship” with Harris in the coming months and get him on campus again this fall.
Harris said his one-on-one time with Jones and Martinez during the visit meant “a lot” to him.
“It means that they care and that they’re showing interest,” Harris said. “(Jones) said he wants to get me to come back to a game. He was just talking to me about that he wants to build a relationship first, so he wants to kind of get to know me. He said, once they do offer, they don’t take it back. And I like that, which means they’re committed.”

Reactions: 1 person
Brendon is a nice young prospect. He is 1 of a few future #NPA studs. He commutes from Chatt ad was referred to us by former Vols LB Eric Westmoreland. He's probably going to project as a S due to size. He has nice feet and long arms.

welp, guess this means he's headed elsewhere...

:)

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Chattanooga product was in Knoxville earlier this season to see the Vols take on Florida and came away impressed with the game day environment. “It was definitely a different experience, getting to go to one of the biggest college football rivalries. It was to cool see Tennessee fight back and they actually won. It was a great experience,” Harris said.

Harris has paid attention to Tennessee’s strong season and believes it shows the Vols’ program is continuing to head in the right direction. “That’s really big to see that out of all the programs in the country it just shows how good this one is doing. It shows they are recruiting good and the guys are buying in to the team,” Harris said.

“I stay in contact with Alontae Taylor, almost on a daily basis,” Harris said. “He always talks about how much he loves Tennessee and how much he would like to see me down there.” Harris, the No. 80-ranked player in the country, said there’s a number of reasons he likes the Vols early on. “It’s just that it’s the home state school and my family wouldn’t have to travel as much to go see the game,” Harris explained. “I think if coming in I’d be able to play as a freshman at Tennessee. That stands out.”

He recently was at Clemson’s game against Louisville and compared that environment to the one he experienced in Knoxville. “I liked having the opportunity to compare the Tennessee game to the Clemson game and it was pretty much the same except maybe Tennessee’s fans were a little louder,” Harris said. “But, the Clemson fans were still in it. It was another great atmosphere to be in.”

Harris said the Vols and the Tigers are still recruiting him the hardest but he has no plans to hurry his recruitment as he wants to see what other offers come in over the next few months.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
One of top secondary players in the nation from TN? Take him all day. With Gray, Warrior, and Berry our safeties are going to be sitting pretty for the next couple years.

Reactions: 4 people
Started looking at offers on '18 recruits. This guy is already a top 10 safety but based on his offers (Clem, LSU, AUB, ND) and tape :)pimp_2:) he may wind up in the top 5. Need to get excited bout this guy

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back