'18 FL QB Michael Penix Jr.

If we could get Penix and Yankoff... 2018 could be a really satisfying class...

Trick play with Yankoff lined up at WR..

Kesling: Penix drops back, pumps twice, steps into the hole to avoid penetration, thinks about giving it to the tight end but goes to Yankoff instead.

Touchdown Tennessee! Penix to Yankoff!

"On Michael Penix Jr., Tennessee is really his first major offer. He talked about being shocked by everything he saw on campus and really liking the staff. If Jones decides to head elsewhere, I think he could end up being their top target."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
I had an army buddy named Richard Penix.
He was a big ol' boy, so no one made the obvious redundancy reference.
Not when they were sober anyway.

Went to hi school with a dude named Joe Dick.. He took a lot of **** over it.. He was good dude and took it all in stride..

“they’re, like, my top offer so far, and i think it's a good offer,” he said, referring to tennessee. “but i’m going to wait. With my recruiting, i’m just going to sit back and see what else i have coming.

“i’m going to go back (to tennessee) to visit. I might see a few games if i get a chance to.”

2_1019927.jpg

Put up mediocre numbers last year (45.4% passing, 2.3 yards per carry), but he apparently has a very strong arm and is pretty sharp mentally...

When Michael Penix Jr. arrived at Tampa Bay Tech as a transfer on the heels of a solid run at Pasco High, the junior-to-be found himself buried as the third quarterback on the depth chart.

A daunting climb, especially for a newbie, right? Not quite. "It took all of about two or three weeks for him to win the starting job," Titans coach Jayson Roberts said with a laugh.

..."Probably the first week that he was here, he showed all of the characteristics that you're looking for in a quarterback," Roberts said. "It took him less than two weeks or so to pick up our playbook and our scheme and what we do. He was calling plays out, calling out his own protections and making coverage checks."

HomeTeam Huddle: Pasco transfer Michael Penix Jr. makes immediate impact at TBT | Tampa Bay Times

Reactions: 1 person
He looked good in that video...seems to have all the tools. He could blow up once ppl actually get to see him in Tampa

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back