'18 FL RB Jashaun Corbin (Texas A&M signee)

rote

Jashaun Corbin has narrowed his schools down to his top 8. As of right now, UT is the leader in the clubhouse as well. :) Other schools of stronger interest for Corbin are Kentucky, UNC, UC, USF, East Carolina, Marshall, & MTSU.

- Per 247 Sports

JASHAUN CORBIN

Running back

6-0, 191 pounds

Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy, Melbourne, Fla.

247Sports Composite rating: Three stars (0.8466)

Corbin holds early offers from more than a dozen schools, including Florida State, Tennessee, Oregon and North Carolina. Florida State, North Carolina and Tennessee appear to be the early favorites to land Corbin, who earned an offer from the Vols in June at one of their camps and returned to Tennessee in October for its game against Alabama.

- 247 (Callahan)

Underrated prospect as of now.

Reactions: 5 people
You had me at "had an offer from Florida State."

They are good at that sort of thing.

We are the current leader in the clubhouse per Scout. We've been the leader for Corbin for months & months. I don't know what's holding him back from pulling the trigger for us but he certainly does seem to like UT better than any other schools. Maybe he's waiting to visit some more schools come football season.

We are the current leader in the clubhouse per Scout. We've been the leader for Corbin for months & months. I don't know what's holding him back from pulling the trigger for us but he certainly does seem to like UT better than any other schools. Maybe he's waiting to visit some more schools come football season.

lol its a week after 2017 NSD and you're wandering what's "holding him back"... :ermm:

Reactions: 2 people
I said that because UT has been at the very top of his lists for months & months. Yeah, what's holding him back?

The recruiting process. Maybe he doesn't want to rush into things, especially when more offers are bound to come (see the FSU offer).

UT was also his best offer for a while there, so to me it's no surprise that we were/are his leader. I wouldnt read too much into him not committing early. Heck I wouldnt read into it at all. Way too early to be asking questionings about why so and so hasnt committed yet.

I think this kid is at least behind Franklin and Teague on our board, probably more than that.

The recruiting process. Maybe he doesn't want to rush into things, especially when more offers are bound to come (see the FSU offer).

UT was also his best offer for a while there, so to me it's no surprise that we were/are his leader. I wouldnt read too much into him not committing early. Heck I wouldnt read into it at all. Way too early to be asking questionings about why so and so hasnt committed yet.

I was just messing around more than anything about it. :wink:

Running back Jashaun Corbin (Melbourne, Fla./Holy Trinity Episcopal) said Florida State leads being what he called his ‘biggest offer.'

Corbin said Tennessee and North Carolina round out his lead group.

Corbin holds 10 offers and said he’s still hoping for offers from UCLA, USC and Clemson.

He said he’s visiting FSU February 25 and plans to return to Tennessee in March and North Carolina in April. Corbin hopes to make his college choice in the summer if not early into his senior season.

- 247 (Bartow)

Reactions: 1 person
Mr. Corbin is on his way to Rocky Top right now:
4e3c1ae1b7583cb5a82d1a7b64c34146.png

e86c016fd109d16461fdc66efe6767ba.png

8d3c59792dc03e5434373943ea63d475.png

The 4-star Sunshine State native once named Tennessee his leader, and coming off another recent trip to Knoxville, Corbin still holds the Vols in very high regard. “The visit was amazing,” Corbin told Volquest after making his third trip to Rocky Top within the last year. “I really loved it up at Tennessee. When we first got there, I was greeted by eight or nine people. They really went all out on this trip. I really loved it up there.”

“As soon as I arrived, we went into the interview room and it was just good,” Corbin said, as he wants to major in broadcasting. “It’s something that I want to do after football, and it’s a good place to know that I have an opportunity to fulfill one of my other dreams to be a broadcaster, and it’s good to know that’s something that they can provide me.”

"I love going up there just visiting. I have a great relationship with all the staff up there,” he said. “It’s just a place that when I first went up there I just loved it. Tennessee has always been one of my favorite schools. Me and coach G have a really great relationship. We’re really close. I feel comfortable just being myself around him, same with coach (Butch) Jones.”

Corbin racked up more than 1,900 all-purpose yards for the Tigers last season, leading the team in rushing (1,100 yards), receiving (619 yards) and return yardage. He scored 19 total touchdowns as an all-around offensive weapon, so Tennessee is selling him on filling a similar-type role — ala Kamara — with the Vols.

“They want to use me the exact same was as they use Alvin Kamara, but more,” he said. “My skill-set is very similar to his, catching, returning punts and running the ball. Doing many things to help the offense be successful.” During his chat with Kamara, Corbin said he received some sage advice, specifically to “follow his heart.” “Alvin told me to do whatever is best,” Corbin said. "He just gave me a heads up what’s going to happen if I was to come here. Just giving me advice about the entire process.”

-VQ

Reactions: 9 people
Quick question, because I really don't know....

Would Kamara - considering how he seemed to be underutilized - give a good word about his Tennessee experience?

Quick question, because I really don't know....

Would Kamara - considering how he seemed to be underutilized - give a good word about his Tennessee experience?

I think he was used just fine at UT hard to give 3 NFL talented RBs a good amount of touches in one game (2 at the end of the year)

I'm liking the way our running back recruiting is going. Any two of Teague, Dixon, Provens, Corbin, Elliott, and Grant would be a pretty good haul, and we've got a real shot at each of them.

VN Store

Back