'17 FL OLB Shanon Reid (UT Committ 12/7/2016)

rote

Nice offers for a 2*. Must be more to him than being advertised by scouting sites.

That's usually a random ranking they give because they haven't actually reviewed film yet. Kid probably hasn't camped much either.

hearing Darrian Felix, Saahdiq Charles and linebacker Shanon Reid are coming into town for official visits next weekend.

Hoping to get more info on Reid, but Michigan feels like they are probably in the best position right now. Mississippi State involved, too."

- Fortenberry

top247 senior linebacker shanon reid of dunbar high school in fort myers, fla., told govols247 on thursday that he's planning to take an official visit to tennessee the weekend of nov. 12 to attend the vols' game against kentucky.

The 6-foot-1.5, 195-pound reid received a scholarship offer from tennessee in may and now holds offers from nearly 30 schools, including michigan, mississippi state, miami, missouri, north carolina, n.c. State, west virginia, arizona, south florida, illinois, indiana, maryland, minnesota, purdue and wake forest.

Reid is ranked by 247sports as the nation's no. 223 overall prospect and no. 15 outside linebacker in the 2017 class. In the industry-generated 247sports composite, he's a three-star prospect who's ranked the nation's no. 611 overall prospect and no. 43 outside linebacker.

Reactions: 1 person
“They said the view up there is beautiful and all that,” said Reid, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 224 overall prospect and No. 15 outside linebacker in the 2017 class. “They said the fans, the atmosphere, it’s just crazy.”

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Reid said one of Tennessee’s coaches stopped at his school last month, and the Vols recently reached out to him “letting me know that there was still interest in me.”

“They said they still wanted to set up a visit and everything,” said Reid, who holds offers from nearly 30 schools. They said they needed linebackers bad. They need guys there — especially now, how they’re using their fourth-string linebackers — and that’s a big deal. And then they need somebody that can come in and change everything, like what I bring to the table — stopping the run, stopping the pass, coverage, anything they need.”

“Everybody just called me to check up on me,” Reid said. “They were just making sure the visit was still set up, and they’re going to show me the best time I’ve ever had at Tennessee.”

Reid admitted the Vols’ shortage of depth at linebacker is one of the main reasons he’s interested in them, but it’s not the only thing he likes about Tennessee. He said he’s also intrigued by the opportunity to play in the SEC.

His only OV to date was Michigan.

Just read he's planning to be an early enrollee...makes me think we are prob too late here and maybe he's an alternate for J. Henderson.

3* = Coachable, good skill set, moldable, hungry and better attitudes.

4* = Better skill set, measurables, still hungry.

5* = Thinking about getting to the NFL, excellent measureables, drama.

When things start getting out of whack for the 5*, they complain and look elsewhere OR they get shown the door due to bad attitude &/or lack of production.

TN better fit for 3* and 4*. Not enough 5* talent in the locker room to not make the 5* feel they shouldn't be treated differently and more favorably.

Reactions: 3 people

When things start getting out of whack for the 5*, they complain and look elsewhere OR they get shown the door due to bad attitude &/or lack of production.

TN better fit for 3* and 4*. Not enough 5* talent in the locker room to not make the 5* feel they shouldn't be treated differently and more favorably.

Whut !??!?

Reactions: 5 people

lolol bama

Reactions: 2 people

Wow

Reactions: 2 people

What about bammer 5*s?

Seems like this kid would fit our offensive system quite well. His style reminds me alot of Alvin Kamara. Hopefully we lock him up. 👌

Wow. Smh. Big east mindset

VN Store

Back