'18 TN DL Greg Emerson (UT commit 7/3/17)

kamoshika

B9321892230Z.1_20160424223038_000_GUJE5O2HV.1-0.jpg

* Jackson, TN (North Side HS)
* DE/TE
* 6-4, 270
* class of 2018

Greg Emerson, North Side, Strong-Side Defensive End
Hudl sophomore highlights

Under-the-radar kid with no recruiting profile available, but he just received his 1st offer (Michigan State). No idea if UT is looking at him yet but he'll be one to watch in the future. Was listed at 245 on North Side's roster last fall so he may project as a future DT.

“My coach Robert Gillard knows some people at Michigan State and got me an invite to spend the weekend there and watch their spring game [on Saturday],” Emerson said.

During the visit, Emerson was called into a meeting in the office of Spartans head coach Mark Dantonio. “He asked me if I had any offers yet, and I told him no,” Emerson said. “He told me then that I had an offer from them. He told me there was no pressure or anything and to take time to think about it and make the right decision.”

Emerson stands at 6-feet-4 and weighs 270 pounds. His best 40-time is 4.7.

North Side's Emerson offered by Michigan St.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Sophomore defensive lineman Greg Emerson of North Side High School in Jackson, Tenn., posted on his Twitter account Thursday that he has received a scholarship offer from Tennessee.

"Blessed to say I just received my 6th offer from Tennessee #humble," he tweeted.

In-state DL gets early offer from Vols

Sophomore defensive lineman Greg Emerson of North Side High School in Jackson, Tenn., posted on his Twitter account Thursday that he has received a scholarship offer from Tennessee.

"Blessed to say I just received my 6th offer from Tennessee #humble," he tweeted.

In-state DL gets early offer from Vols

We must really want this if we've already offered him 6 times. Kid must be a stud. 😬😳😚

Reactions: 5 people
At least he looks happy to be there. so many times its just a mug shot, nice to see a smile.

no utknate

Big feller for a rising HS junior, he'll likely be 290+ in a couple of years...
636010304118870051-js-0609-USJCamp-10.JPG

636010304238054815-js-0609-USJCamp-18.JPG

Last edited:
Emerson and Litaker would be a nice start to the 2018 DL class.

“the tennessee staff is amazing. It don’t get no better than that. Tennessee is the place to be. If you just really want to get coached up at that next level, tennessee is the place to be.”

“i’ll be down at tennessee, in knox, friday,” he said. “we’re going to be leaving straight from (a satellite camp in) nashville and going out to knox.”

“i like coach strip’s coaching style. I love it, as a matter of fact. He’s a good coach. He truly is, and i like coach strip. And honestly, in the future, i could see myself playing for coach strip.

“the thing they liked most about me, i believe, was my aggressiveness once i got my motor going.”

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back