'17 FL DE Jonathan Garvin

The War Room mentioned this guy as a possibility to OV during the year with the staff still looking for another DE.

Reactions: 1 person
While didn't reveal much on Wednesday when asked during an on-site interview with 247Sports what prompted the last-minute trip to Knoxville, he did acknowledge the fact that the Volunteers are very much a player in his recruitment.

"It was good," Garvin said.

"I was just there for a visit. They are supposed to be by here for my game on Thursday."

Garvin originally was planning to sign with Miami or another school on Feb. 1's National Signing Day. That has since changed. He said on Wednesday that he's now on track to graduate in December and enroll early at the school of his choice in January.

"I just finished up a semester with all of my online classes, so it looks like I'm probably going to do that," Garvin said.
Andrew Ivins

as usual, recruiting year changing it seems like daily. Our class I feel will have a whole different look by Feb.

I used to feel that way but, its starting to change. I am thinking more along the lines of a class filled with mostly 3*, borderline 4* players. The only real reason we are ranked so high is because of total number of commits. At this point, we are not getting the guys we need to compete for championships. It could all change by February, but I am not so sure. I see other teams stocking up on 4* talent while we dont.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

- Oddball (Kelly's Heroes)

VN Store

Back