'17 SC WR Austin Connor

Once pursued across SEC, 3-star WR Austin Connor wonders where offers have gone

Why are we not trying to go after this kid? I mean all schools seem to be doing the same thing but grades aren't an issue.

Character probably isn't an issue either since he seems to be a kid into his schoolwork. We have offered so why not go back after him? We have went after other WR's not as good as this one.

I just don't get it & neither does this poor kid. I know he's in shambles wondering if he's going to get to play for any school that he initially might have wanted to play for like USCe. Surely somebody will go after him hard as we near NSD in less than 2 weeks but this is quite a strange story. Thanks!

Once pursued across SEC, 3-star WR Austin Connor wonders where offers have gone

Why are we not trying to go after this kid? I mean all schools seem to be doing the same thing but grades aren't an issue.

He has very good speed and averaged almost 27 yards per catch in 2015, but note that he had ankle surgery prior to that season and then missed a couple of games due to an ankle injury near the end of last season. IMO, that's probably why so many teams have backed off.

Connor will be juggling both sports for the next few weeks with spring football practice beginning Monday. He caught 30 passes for team-high 805 yards and five touchdowns last year after missing the first two games because of ankle surgery.
Austin Connor, Dutch Fork, Wide Receiver

Reactions: 1 person
Waiting for better offers doesn't always work out.. Don't care to read the article, but if he really wanted to play in the SEC that bad, he should've jumped on an offer earlier.

Reactions: 1 person
He's better than anything Vandy currently has committed. They really are dumb if they stopped calling...

VN Store

Back