'17 GA CB Yusuf Corker

My dyslexia is definitely kicking in with this one. I keep reading his name as "Yufus." I think he needs to go have it legally changed just to make my life easier.

P.S. I'm not a Kessling.

Reactions: 1 person
Really good ball skills. Would like to see him be a little more physical in his tape but overall looks like a 4* talent. Would be a great get!

Reactions: 1 person
Good player, not afraid to tackle and plays the ball extremely well. Can play off man coverage already which in my opinion is the hardest thing to teach a CB.

Impressive offer list for his rating

I wonder what the coaches see that the "recruiting gurus" don't

Tennessee is my top school," Corker said. "I was there last Tuesday and I just feel like I fit in at Tennessee.

"I like the Vols for Life program, which means after football that you will still be part of the Tennessee family. If you need anything, you can come to the coaches or anybody and they will help you — I like that.

When asked how close he was to a commitment, he said, "Pretty close."

Scout

Reactions: 7 people
Pretty sure Corker and Labruzza are at the very top of the staff's CB board. Both are likely to rise significantly ranking over the next several months. It would be great to get one or both in the fold early.

Coming off a visit to South Carolina he names the Cocks his leader followed by us. Going into the visit we were his announced leaders.

Quote from article on rivals:

“They’re my leader after the trip because I felt more comfortable,” he explained. “It really was the coaches and the players. I got to sit down and talk more about my position and talk to the head coach some more. I had a chance to spend time with the players, which I really needed. I was talking to DJ Smith and some of the cornerbacks, had a chance to see their dorm rooms and see if everything that Coach T-Rob and Coach Muschamp were saying was really true and it was

Coming off a visit to South Carolina he names the Cocks his leader followed by us. Going into the visit we were his announced leaders.

Quote from article on rivals:

“They’re my leader after the trip because I felt more comfortable,” he explained. “It really was the coaches and the players. I got to sit down and talk more about my position and talk to the head coach some more. I had a chance to spend time with the players, which I really needed. I was talking to DJ Smith and some of the cornerbacks, had a chance to see their dorm rooms and see if everything that Coach T-Rob and Coach Muschamp were saying was really true and it was

Going to be a dog fight for him. May be the best combo of DB coaches in the country. Our combo is nasty too though. 😁

"the Vols remain in the mix for Georgia defensive back Yusuf Corker. The cornerback has a final five of Tennessee, Auburn, South Carolina, North Carolina and West Virginia and said he's likely to take an official visit to Knoxville this fall."

- VQ

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back