'18 GA CB Kyler McMichael

He needed to transfer. Northview is one of the worst football programs in the state.

Great SAT scores there, but horrible football.

Reactions: 1 person
The Volunteers are also a team to watch out for. McMichael said that they recruit him as hard as any other school. He also loves their campus.

That program also holds a certain premium distinction. He said that a trip to Tennessee ranks as his best college visit.

“It would have to be Tennessee,” McMichael said. “When we got there they took our car from us and parked it for us. We went in there and the whole coaching staff was just standing there waiting for us. I was able to walk right in there and shake everyone’s hand. They made me feel very welcome.”
dawgnation

Reactions: 8 people
Any relation to Randy McMichael?

randy-mcmichael-of-the-miami-dolphins-celebrates-victory-over-the-new-picture-id2515004

"I am really looking forward to being committed to a school and just being able to focus on my team and school," said McMichael. "I am hoping I am ready to commit this summer. That is my plan. I do not have a date or anything like that, but I hope to take some visits early in the summer, then commit before my senior year starts. That is what I am thinking."

The four star has taken the first big step towards executing that plan. He has trimmed his list considerably and now only six schools remain in contention.

"I am still really looking into Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson, Auburn and Florida State," said McMichael. "I am down to those schools and I see myself committing to one of those when I make my decision.

"They are all showing a lot of interest in me, I have a good connection with them and I have visited all of those at least once. I have a good feel for each of the schools still on my list."

As McMichael stated, he has a great feel for each of his finalists and he shares a little on why each remains in contention.

ALABAMA: "Alabama is losing a lot of defensive backs, so I have a chance to go to a great school like Alabama and play early. I love how intense they practice and I like coach [Derrick] Ansley (defensive backs) a lot too."

AUBURN: "This is a school that I kind of jumped on a little later than the others, but I loved the campus when I was there recently and that visit pushed them up my list. I like the coaches and I loved the campus. I loved what coach [Greg] Brown (defensive backs) had to say to me."

CLEMSON: "Clemson is probably the most sincere with the way they recruit me. The coaches are like a big family and my parents love that. The environment is great there and they are producing a lot of top players."

FLORIDA STATE: "I have had some good talks with coach [Charles] Kelly (defensive coordinator) and he is a smart guy who I like. I have always had interest in Florida State and I finally got down to visit this spring and I loved it. It is beautiful there, they have great tradition and they said I look like Derwin James to them, so that was nice too."

GEORGIA: "Georgia wants me to stay home and I am treated very well up there. I have been there a lot and I have a strong relationship with coach [Mel] Tucker (defensive coordinator). I have known coach Tucker for a long time now."

TENNESSEE: "Tennessee has been recruiting me for a long time and I have been talking to new defensive backs coach [Charlton] Warren a lot. They have great facilities, I love the campus and they are need of defensive backs."

- Simmons

Had no idea Ansley had made it to Bama. wasnt he at Kentucky for a while after leaving us?

The Skinny: McMichael has shot up the rankings after an impressive spring at multiple camps. The future defensive back holds offers from schools like Alabama, Florida State, Auburn and Tennessee, but most believe this is a two horse-race between UGA and Clemson. McMichael visited UT in April and a return trip could vault the Vols back into serious contention.

- VQ

He's now #72 nationally on Rivals in latest update.

From SECCountry:

4-star CB Kyler McMichael, Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.)

- He returned for his second time in the last month. Once again, he called the visit a resounding success.
- The Tigers talked with him about the potential of having some reps on offense, as opposed to just cornerback like most schools. Clemson is the only other program that presented him with that potential.
- McMichael wanted to decide during the summer, but said on Saturday that he’s likely to push that back a little.
- He said he will visit Auburn “as much as possible” in the next few months.

From SECCountry:

4-star CB Kyler McMichael, Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.)

- He returned for his second time in the last month. Once again, he called the visit a resounding success.
- The Tigers talked with him about the potential of having some reps on offense, as opposed to just cornerback like most schools. Clemson is the only other program that presented him with that potential.
- McMichael wanted to decide during the summer, but said on Saturday that he’s likely to push that back a little.
- He said he will visit Auburn “as much as possible” in the next few months.

fWx327.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Should be interesting both AU and Clemson are pay for play.Who has the deepest pockets

DCUpYGAVYAAesIL.jpg:large

Kyler J. McMichael‏ @kylermc22 Jun 14
I will begin to focus in on these 6 schools!! I'd like to thank every school that gave me the opportunity and recruited me

Reactions: 2 people
THE SKINNY — Tennessee is recruiting McMichael hard as a cornerback, and the 4-star left his time in Knoxville impressed and has the Vols firmly in his top six at the moment. A top six that includes some heavy hitters.

That top six consists of Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Clemson and Alabama. McMichael noted that the chance to play early would be a big factor in his recruitment and thinks he may see that chance in Knoxville.

“They’re talking to me about potentially coming in and starting. They’re losing a lot of DBs and they don’t have a lot right now. They told me that they have some high school DBs coming in that might potentially be starting so that really stood out to me,” McMichael said in discussing the chance for early playing time in Knoxville, something that clearly appeals to him.

-VQ

VN Store

Back