'18 GA OT Christian Armstrong

“I really like them,” Armstrong said, who has visited Tennessee several times. “I really like coach (Don) Mahoney. He’s a good man but he’s going to make sure you do everything right. He’s very intense. I saw that when I went up there for practice.

“I like the facilities up there. The people are really nice. They all make sure you are taken care of. And, I like the city, too.”
Rivals

Visting for O&W Game.

I love how people on here don't care for Mahoney but you always hear recruits raving about him. Not all recruits. Looking at you Mr. Wray. :) However, a lot of guys love his vibe.

Reactions: 3 people
I love how people on here don't care for Mahoney but you always hear recruits raving about him. Not all recruits. Looking at you Mr. Wray. :) However, a lot of guys love his vibe.

7156-15043.gif

Reactions: 1 person
“I didn’t call (Mahoney) for about two weeks after I met him, so when I first called him, he said, ‘Why haven’t you called me yet?’” Armstrong said Friday. “I started laughing because I didn’t know he was that serious. Ever since then, I’ve made sure I call him every single week.”

The top-100 rising junior offensive lineman from Warner Robins (Ga.) High School has talked regularly with Mahoney and seen plenty of Tennessee over the past few months. He visited the Vols for one of their spring practices and their spring game in April, and he was back in Knoxville on Friday to participate in Tennessee’s camp.

Armstrong said he enjoyed working with Mahoney and other members of the Vols’ staff during the camp, and he admitted they’re “high up there” in his mind among the dozen schools already pursuing him.

“I like the people here, and I really like Coach Mahoney,” said Armstrong, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 56 overall prospect and No. 10 offensive tackle in the 2018 class.

“(I like) just the feel. They have so much hype coming up for this season, and I like that energy. … They’re high up there because I come up here a lot.”

The 6-foot-4, 315-pound Armstrong said he had seen almost everything Tennessee has to offer during his previous visits with the Vols. Friday’s visit was simply intended to give him a better feel for Mahoney’s coaching style and what it might be like if Armstrong chose to play at Tennessee.

“I liked the experience because I know what the coaches would expect from me,” he said. “I like them. They would coach me up and tell me what I could do better on stances and stuff like that.”

The Vols have impressed Armstrong enough to convince him to visit them four times in a little more than three months, and he said he’s planning to return to Tennessee this fall.

He might even be back in Knoxville before then.
(Photo: Chris Nee, 247Sports)

“I know I’m coming back for games,” Armstrong said. “I don’t know if I’m going to come up before that, but I know I’m coming back for some games.”

While Armstrong already is high on Tennessee, he said he has “not yet” identified any early favorites.

“I want to try to visit all the schools that have offered me so far so I can see how I feel about everyone,” he said. “Then, once I get done with that process, I’ll start narrowing down my list.”

Well we obviously don't want this kid. He seems to be under the delusion that Mahoney can coach. The VN experts have deemed it impossible the Mahoney might be a good coach so this kid must not be right in the head.

Sheesh.

“I didn’t call (Mahoney) for about two weeks after I met him, so when I first called him, he said, ‘Why haven’t you called me yet?’” Armstrong said Friday. “I started laughing because I didn’t know he was that serious. Ever since then, I’ve made sure I call him every single week.”

The top-100 rising junior offensive lineman from Warner Robins (Ga.) High School has talked regularly with Mahoney and seen plenty of Tennessee over the past few months. He visited the Vols for one of their spring practices and their spring game in April, and he was back in Knoxville on Friday to participate in Tennessee’s camp.

Armstrong said he enjoyed working with Mahoney and other members of the Vols’ staff during the camp, and he admitted they’re “high up there” in his mind among the dozen schools already pursuing him.

“I like the people here, and I really like Coach Mahoney,” said Armstrong, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 56 overall prospect and No. 10 offensive tackle in the 2018 class.

“(I like) just the feel. They have so much hype coming up for this season, and I like that energy. … They’re high up there because I come up here a lot.”

The 6-foot-4, 315-pound Armstrong said he had seen almost everything Tennessee has to offer during his previous visits with the Vols. Friday’s visit was simply intended to give him a better feel for Mahoney’s coaching style and what it might be like if Armstrong chose to play at Tennessee.

“I liked the experience because I know what the coaches would expect from me,” he said. “I like them. They would coach me up and tell me what I could do better on stances and stuff like that.”

The Vols have impressed Armstrong enough to convince him to visit them four times in a little more than three months, and he said he’s planning to return to Tennessee this fall.

He might even be back in Knoxville before then.
(Photo: Chris Nee, 247Sports)

“I know I’m coming back for games,” Armstrong said. “I don’t know if I’m going to come up before that, but I know I’m coming back for some games.”

While Armstrong already is high on Tennessee, he said he has “not yet” identified any early favorites.

“I want to try to visit all the schools that have offered me so far so I can see how I feel about everyone,” he said. “Then, once I get done with that process, I’ll start narrowing down my list.”

that is crazy. i know things will change, but the tenth best player at a position is number 56 in the nation?????

ok for reference the lowest positionally ranked guys ranked nationally higher than Armstrong are

#4 QB
#3 RB
#5 WR
#3 TE
#1 OG/C

#4 SDE
#3 WDE
#8 DT
# ILB
#1 OLB
#5 CB
#3 S

thats right, the number 1 ILB is ranked lower nationally than the #10 OT, the number 2 OLB & OG, the number 4 S, WDE, TE & WR are as well. these are crazy freaking stats imo.

After visiting Tennessee three times earlier this year, Christian Armstrong returned there Saturday to see his first game at Neyland Stadium.

“It was nice. I had a good time,” said Armstrong, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 58 overall prospect and No. 9 offensive tackle in the 2018 class. “It was crazy. I could, like, barely hear anything around me going on. I could barely hear myself think. That’s how loud it was. I’ve heard about it, but I didn’t think it was going to be, like, to that degree. That was probably one of the main things that caught my attention.”

“Coming back from a 21-3 deficit at halftime, that showed great drive and determination, that they really wanted to come back into the game,” he said. “That’s one thing I really liked. It showed that they’re a well-coached team, for them being able to do that and not just sit down and take defeat.”

“I really do like Tennessee, but I don’t know, really, too much where they stand compared to all the other schools so far. I’m still trying to figure that part out,” he said. “I honestly don’t know (when I will visit again) yet. But I’ll try to go back again. But if it doesn’t (happen), I’m pretty satisfied with the game I went to because that was a great game to go to. (I like) just how the coaches treat you every time you go there and how it seems like it’s a family environment. Obviously, they have top-notch facilities like most schools in the SEC do.”

““I talked with Coach Mahoney and Coach Jones,” Armstrong said. “They were just saying how they were glad for me to get up there, and they were glad I was able to see them break the streak (against Florida) and come to a great game like this.”

He said Mahoney was the first coach to send him a message on Sept. 1, the first day college coaches were allowed to contact Class of 2018 prospects. “They were actually the first school that texted me,” Armstrong said of the Vols. “I probably get a message from Tennessee every single day.”

He hears from UT, USCe, Clemson, and Bama almost everyday. He plans to make a decision before his senior year.

Reactions: 3 people
'18 GA OT Christian Armstrong has narrowed his choices down to his top 5. They are in no particular order: Georgia, FSU, UT, UF, & Clemson.

He said these could change because it's still two years away but he feels these are his top 5 schools & narrowing them down further is going to be a tough decision to make.

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back