'19 GA OT Warren McClendon

"The schools in my top five are Auburn, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. I always wanted to play in the SEC. It is the best of the best in that conference. The players are great, the fans are the best in that conference and just growing up, being around the SEC has made me want to play there. It is really the best."

Coach Jeremy Pruitt recruited me hard when he was at Alabama and he picked it right up when he got to Tennessee. There has really been no change with him other than him changing schools. Before coach Pruitt was there, Tennessee was on my list, but not near as high. I like coach [Will] Friend too, so that is part of it also. He has been recruiting me since he was at Georgia."

"Georgia and South Carolina do have a little bit of an edge. I have visited those two schools the most, so I am very familiar with each school and the relationships I have with each coaching staff makes them stand out. It is very close between those two, so neither one of those are on top."

"Finishing out these visits this summer and sitting down with my parents will help me get to that point where I am ready to commit. All five schools are truly great schools, so it will be more of a gut feeling for me. Each school is really the same, so it will be about where I feel most at home at. I plan to commit to someone early in the season."

- Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
We have some catching up to do, but if he's a priority I know the staff will make up that ground.

Coach Friend is out there hitting the pavement hard and leaving no stone unturned when looking for o-line prospects. Love that determination our staff has. Between Friend and Niedermeyer, we have a couple of excellent recruiters making a lot of headway.

We have some catching up to do, but if he's a priority I know the staff will make up that ground.

doubt we'd even be on the list here w/out this staff.

we won't get them all, but to hear a coveted prospect basically say there's no difference between us and those 4 schools, knowing what we know about how last year went, and more importantly, how it ended.....

i mean, if you were grading on a curve, we'd be ahead of it.:p

This kid has family at both UGA and SCjr. The OC at SCjr is his cousin, I believe. They're the presumed favorites but you never know.

Reactions: 2 people
This one is a longshot but we just need to keep calling/texting and doing whatever we can to give him the hard sell and get him on campus. We get that face to face meeting in Knoxville and everything can change.

We need to throw some Fleetwood Mac "You can go your own way" at this cat.

Move along

TENNESSEE
McClendon is intrigued by Jeremy Pruitt and the staff he has put together in Knoxville. McClendon knew Pruitt from his time at Alabama and Georgia, and the same goes for offensive line coach Will Friend. McClendon is planning to spend a day or two in Knoxville this summer and an official visit to Tennessee this month is a possibility. It appears that Tennessee has some real ground to make up in this race.

The verdict: Pretender
Rivals

Reactions: 2 people
Move along

Rivals

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back