Recruiting Forum Off-Topic Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have known you were a nerd for a while now. I must not be. Don't get it.

Time for part deux of the RF off-topic thread. My how time flies. Let's hope the sequel is as bad as the first.

Bruin, I dedicate this thread to you.

Now that we are on the topic, heres a look at my All Time Curse Big Board:

5. The Fulmer curse
4. Curse the tomb of Tutankhamen
3. RF thread curse
2. Curse of playing Superman
1. Curse of playing Jesus

Thoughts?

Who's truly cursed: the guy with the first post or the last? I hold the last post honor in the first thread at this moment. Yikes

Nope
That dubious honor goes to me...may just be one of my more insightful posts :)

Not at all.
Was raised to try my best
And that I could be whatever I wanted to be...just had to work hard and not give up.

Too many quit when any hard part occurs or they don't get their way or it is not just given to them.

I was told on multiple occasions that I couldn't or wouldn't be able to achieve my goals...just makes you more determined and to work harder.

Not the exception by a long shot. The view you expressed is the failure in my opinion.

:hi:

That's great. I'm glad you were able to succeed even in hard times. The will, circumstances, and environment all play a role. Again it's easy to say I did it, so others should be able to. And if they don't, they are lazy. That's rarely the case. but, we just agree to disagree. And that's fine. I've seen it first hand whereas others only see it through the media and what's being fed to them.

I came from a low income single parent home...to an extent that is definitely true.
Always exceptions

i had low income parents as well. I turned out just fine and well off. But it's more than just income, it's the education, it's the family, it's the people that you are surrounded with, it's the zoning, it's basically everything that can be thrown at you. It's a disadvantage.

That's great. I'm glad you were able to succeed even in hard times. The will, circumstances, and environment all play a role. Again it's easy to say I did it, so others should be able to. And if they don't, they are lazy. That's rarely the case. but, we just agree to disagree. And that's fine. I've seen it first hand whereas others only see it through the media and what's being fed to them.

I'm from Memphis
My schools were always essentially 50/50.
Hardly ever saw anything significant along racial lines. Individuals yes, prejudice occurs regardless of location.

I never said anyone was lazy. The desire to improve your life or lack there of doesn't have to include the term lazy.

I said that I was raised to believe in myself and that my future was to be determined by what I put in to it.

There were way too many examples of failures due to illicit drug or alcohol related issues in my neighborhood to not know the consequences of not trying.

i had low income parents as well. I turned out just fine and well off. But it's more than just income, it's the education, it's the family, it's the people that you are surrounded with, it's the zoning, it's basically everything that can be thrown at you. It's a disadvantage.

Okay dude, you had it tougher, life wasn't fair for you.... What else?

Reactions: 3 people
Okay dude, you had it tougher, life wasn't fair for you.... What else?

It isn't about me. Life has never been fair and always tougher for African Americans for years in America. So dude, like myself, you have no idea what that community has to deal with. And your simplistic argument about that community is an ignorant one.

I understand that it's difficult to understand when you don't have to wear those shoes.

And I grew up in Memphis too. So what else?

I'm from Memphis
My schools were always essentially 50/50.
Hardly ever saw anything significant along racial lines. Individuals yes, prejudice occurs regardless of location.

I never said anyone was lazy. The desire to improve your life or lack there of doesn't have to include the term lazy.

I said that I was raised to believe in myself and that my future was to be determined by what I put in to it.

There were way too many examples of failures due to illicit drug or alcohol related issues in my neighborhood to not know the consequences of not trying.

And you probably had parents that instilled that into you or some guidance from someone. Many don't have that same guidance at a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back